Wigan winger Callum McManaman a doubt for England Under-21s
The player was stretchered off against Arsenal
Callum McManaman, the young Wigan winger who has had such an impressive finish to the season, is a doubt for England's Under-21 European Championship campaign after being carried off on a stretcher at the Emirates.
The FA Cup final's man of the match, who was given his first call-up when Stuart Pearce named the U21 squad, yesterday, suffered an ankle injury after being tackled by Laurent Koscielny in the 4-1 defeat that relegated Wigan.
“It is too early to say if he will be out for weeks or months,” said Roberto Martinez, Wigan's manager. England begn their Euro finals campaign against Italy in Israel on June 5. Pearce is already without Livepool winger Raheem Sterling who has a leg inury.
Latest in Sport
Liverpool target Marco Reus rejects new Borussia Dortmund contract offer - reports
Manchester United transfer news: Mats Hummels, Thomas Vermaelen and Daley Blind on radar as Louis van Gaal reveals he still wants to sign defender
Arsenal agree new deal with BT Sport - which coincides nicely with advert showing FA Cup win over Liverpool
Divock Origi joins Liverpool before immediately being loaned back to Lille
Scottie dogs in Commonwealth Games opening ceremony 'disrespectful to Muslims', say Malaysian politicians
- 1 What if 35 Palestinians had died, and 800 Israelis?
- 2 Disney heiress Abigail disowns her share of family profits in West Bank company
- 3 The secret report that helps Israel hide facts
- 4 'Women should not laugh in public,' says Turkey's Deputy Prime Minister in morality speech
- 5 Israel's propaganda machine is finally starting to misfire