Wigan winger Callum McManaman a doubt for England Under-21s
The player was stretchered off against Arsenal
Callum McManaman, the young Wigan winger who has had such an impressive finish to the season, is a doubt for England's Under-21 European Championship campaign after being carried off on a stretcher at the Emirates.
The FA Cup final's man of the match, who was given his first call-up when Stuart Pearce named the U21 squad, yesterday, suffered an ankle injury after being tackled by Laurent Koscielny in the 4-1 defeat that relegated Wigan.
“It is too early to say if he will be out for weeks or months,” said Roberto Martinez, Wigan's manager. England begn their Euro finals campaign against Italy in Israel on June 5. Pearce is already without Livepool winger Raheem Sterling who has a leg inury.
Latest in Sport
Arsenal transfer news: Atletico Madrid closing in on Santi Cazorla - reports
Arsenal transfer news: Arsene Wenger set to cancel moves for Sami Khedira and Morgan Schneiderlin in favour of Jack Wilshere - reports
Arturo Vidal: Manchester United bid £39m for Juventus midfielder
Chelsea transfer news: Jose Mourinho wants both Thibaut Courtois and Petr Cech to stay at Stamford Bridge
Malaysian cyclist could face disciplinary action after 'Save Gaza' gloves protest
- 1 Malaysian cyclist could face disciplinary action after 'Save Gaza' gloves protest
- 2 Is Gideon Levy the most hated man in Israel or just the most heroic?
- 3 Fifty Shades of Grey trailer provokes moral outrage from US parenting groups
- 4 McDonald’s removes chicken nuggets from the menu in Hong Kong amid major food scare
- 5 Students offered grants if they tweet pro-Israeli propaganda