Farah is European Athlete of the Year
Thursday 06 October 2011
Mo Farah was named as the men's European Athlete of the Year yesterday. The Briton's achievements at the World Championships in Daegu, South Korea, in August, when he won the 5,000m and took silver in the 10,000m, earned him the prize ahead of French sprinter Christophe Lemaitre. Farah's GB team-mate Dai Greene winner of the 400m hurdles in Daegu, finished third. Last Friday, British sprinter Jodie Williams won the female European Rising Star award.
And why are 'southern' ways of speaking spreading north?
Latest in Sport
Arsenal v Everton: Mikel Arteta happy for Everton but can't wait to get one over them in Premier League clash
Transfer news: Manchester United's ambitious transfer plans at risk from possible failure to qualify for Champions League
English clubs ditch Heineken Cup - confirming they will not take part in any ERC run competition in 2014-15
Brazil World Cup 2014 draw: England drawn with holders Spain in official Group Stage rehearsal
Manchester City sign the 'new Lionel Messi' Brahim Abdelkader, and in doing so put one over Barcelona
- 1 Cameron's freebie to apartheid South Africa
- 2 Is this the scariest advert ever? Japanese tyre commercial comes with its own disclaimer and health warning
- 3 A forgotten episode in Russian history leaves links with the Philippines
- 4 Australian ultra-nationalist politician Stephanie Banister in car crash immigration TV interview
- 5 Nelson Mandela: From 'terrorist' to tea with the Queen
Negotiable: Capita Education Resourcing Permanent Team: Teacher of English MP...
Negotiable: Capita Education Resourcing Permanent Team: Out of Hours Club Mana...
Negotiable: Capita Education Resourcing Permanent Team: Room Leaders required ...
Negotiable: Capita Education Resourcing Permanent Team: Teacher of MFL German...