Boxing: Frank Warren offers way back to Scott Harrison
Friday 21 September 2012
Promoter Frank Warren has given Scott Harrison hope he could return to world-title action by fighting the winner of tomorrow's contest between Ricky Burns and Kevin Mitchell.
Harrison, a former featherweight world champion, will box on the undercard of the WBO lightweight title fight in Glasgow in only his second bout in almost seven years.
He spent time in a Spanish jail for assault after his career was thrown off course amid personal and alcohol problems. But Warren said: "Who knows, if he does what he thinks he can do, and we will see, he could end up fighting the winner of these two guys [Burns and Mitchell].
"And what a fight that would be. But that's something that we will see what happens over his next couple of fights," he added.
Latest in Sport
Wow - what a weekend for British Motorcycle racing!
by Luke Wilkins
22 May 2013 05:00 AM
The dust is barely settling on the Premier League season and the bookies are looking to persuade us ...
by Gareth Purnell
22 May 2013 02:01 AM
The guard has changed at Old Trafford for the first time in 26 years. Meanwhile, down the road, the ...
by The Sports Lawyer
21 May 2013 10:01 PM
- 1 'Sickening, deluded and unforgivable': Bloody attack brings terror to capital’s streets
- 2 Mothers' diets may harm IQs in two-thirds of babies
- 3 Gay couple beaten in park urge MPs to moderate language on gay marriage
- 4 After woman sells virginity for $780,000, here are the results of our prostitution survey
- 5 Far-right French historian, 78-year-old Dominique Venner, commits suicide in Notre Dame in protest against gay marriage
BMF is the UK’s biggest and best loved outdoor fitness classes
Find out what The Independent's resident travel expert has to say about one of the most beautiful small cities in the world
Win anything from gadgets to five-star holidays on our competitions and offers page.