Cycling: Corsican start for 2013 Tour
Friday 25 November 2011
The 100th staging of the Tour de France will start from Corsica in 2013. It will be the first time the Mediterranean island has hosted a stage in the prestigious three-week race. Corsica is the only metropolitan region of France never to have hosted a stage and more details are set to be revealed next month.
The 2012 race starts on 30 June, with Australia's Cadel Evans starting the defence of his title in the Belgian city of Liège.
Corsica has held the past two editions of the two-day Criterium International, with Luxembourg's Frank Schleck winning this year's race.
Latest in Sport
Wow - what a weekend for British Motorcycle racing!
by Luke Wilkins
22 May 2013 05:00 AM
The dust is barely settling on the Premier League season and the bookies are looking to persuade us ...
by Gareth Purnell
22 May 2013 02:01 AM
The guard has changed at Old Trafford for the first time in 26 years. Meanwhile, down the road, the ...
by The Sports Lawyer
21 May 2013 10:01 PM
- 1 'Sickening, deluded and unforgivable': Bloody attack brings terror to capital’s streets
- 2 Mothers' diets may harm IQs in two-thirds of babies
- 3 Far-right French historian, 78-year-old Dominique Venner, commits suicide in Notre Dame in protest against gay marriage
- 4 Eyewitness gives extraordinary account of her confrontation with Woolwich attackers
- 5 Woolwich attack: The EDL might have a sinister plan as a soldier is murdered in suspected Islamic terrorist attack
BMF is the UK’s biggest and best loved outdoor fitness classes
Win anything from gadgets to five-star holidays on our competitions and offers page.