Motorcycling: Pedrosa win closes gap on Lorenzo
Monday 30 August 2010
Dani Pedrosa won the Indianapolis MotoGP yesterday to claim his third victory of the season and close the gap on runaway championship leader and compatriot Jorge Lorenzo.
Honda rider Pedrosa started fifth on the grid but snatched the lead at the end of the seventh lap and was never headed.
American Ben Spies took second on a Yamaha, his best finish in his first full season in MotoGP, after starting on pole for the first time.
Lorenzo crossed the line for third to maintain his perfect record of finishing on the podium in all 11 races this season.
Latest in Sport
- 1 'Women should not laugh in public,' says Turkey's Deputy Prime Minister in morality speech
- 2 The secret report that helps Israel hide facts
- 3 Is Ebola coming to Britain? UK health officials issue warning to doctors as outbreak fears grow
- 4 Richard Dawkins says 'date rape is bad, stranger rape is worse' on Twitter
- 5 Danish TV reporter is all business up top, all party down below
The secret report that helps Israel hide facts
A day in the life of Vladimir Putin: The dictator in his labyrinth
Woman and two children killed by mob in riots over 'blasphemous' Facebook post in Pakistan
Putin is 'thuggish, dishonest and reckless', says British ambassador to US
Boozy, ignorant, intolerant, but very polite – Britain as others see us
A new Russian revolution: The cracks are starting to appear in Putin’s Kremlin power bloc
Competitive: The Green Recruitment Company: The Organisation: The Green Recrui...
£350 - £400 per annum + competitive: Orgtel: Project Manager (specializing in ...
£40000 - £50000 per annum + competitive: Progressive Recruitment: Embedded Sof...
£50000 - £65000 per annum + Benefits: Progressive Recruitment: Working for a m...