Skiing: Miller calls halt to season as ankle injury takes its toll
Wednesday 10 March 2010
Olympic gold medalist Bode Miller has decided to end his season, a week before the World Cup finals in Germany. The American skier ducked out early to rest a sore right ankle, and said he hopes to discuss his future with the United States men's coach Sasha Rearick.
"At some point, I'll sit down with Sasha and see where we're at and what kind of programme we can put together and I'll make a plan from there," Miller said. Miller has not competed since the Vancouver Olympics, where he won the super-combined gold medal and took silver in the super-G and bronze in the downhill. The 32-year-old was not in the running for any World Cup titles.
Latest in Sport
- 1 This 'woman calls police to order pizza' story isn't going where you're expecting
- 2 Axe wielding man shot dead after attacking four New York policemen on busy street
- 3 Watch what happened when food critics were unknowingly served McDonald's
- 4 Jimmy Carr's Oscar Pistorius joke goes a bit too far at the Q Awards
- 5 Ottawa shootings: Bruce MacKinnon's cartoon is the perfect tribute to soldier Nathan Cirillo
Of course, teenage girls need role models – but not like beauty vlogger Zoella
Cameron is warned 'no possibility' of UK reducing immigration and that bid to bring in quota on migrant workers would be illegal
Support for EU membership 'at highest level since 1991' with most Brits wanting to stay 'in'
Thousands with degenerative conditions classified as 'fit to work in future' – despite no possibility of improvement
Attacks on 'Ukip Calypso' show how skewed people’s priorities are
Poppy Appeal 2014: This is why I won't be wearing a red poppy this year
£40000 - £50000 Per Annum Excellent benefits: Clearwater People Solutions Ltd:...
£30000 - £35000 Per Annum Excellent benefits: Clearwater People Solutions Ltd:...
£35000 - £40000 Per Annum Excellent benefits: Clearwater People Solutions Ltd:...
£47,334 - £59,058 per annum: Coventry University: The Centre for Agroecology, ...