Something For The Weekend: 10/12/2011
Saturday 10 December 2011
It's squeaky bum time for...
Red Devils in peril?
Wolves at home: the sort of fixture Manchester United have been able to sneer through for years, but which must now be worrying because of just how bad a bad result would be.
United have had more traumas in the last two months than they usually have in two years: the 6-1, the Champions League exit, the loss of Nemanja Vidic. Suddenly the heart-warming investment in young players, rather than a midfield worthy of the shirt, looks like a bizarre arrangement of priorities, given the financial restrictions. For the first time since 2006, United have a spiral to pull out of, and a win is non-negotiable.
Stories you might have missed
From Brad to worse
Craig Fagan has declared that he wants to lift the gloom at Bradford. The 28-year-old says he has a wide repertoire of goal celebrations to please fans. There are a couple of holes in his grand goal gala though. The Bantams have failed to score in five of their last nine games and Fagan has found the net only nine times since 2007.
Have you been paying attention?
1. How much of Virender Sehwag's record ODI innings of 219 came from boundaries?
2. And whose recently-set record did he overtake in the process?
3. Which was the last season in which Mancester United failed to qualify from the Champions League group stages?
4. Which former World No 1 won for the first time in 749 days?
5. Who won the Varsity match for a third time in four years?
Latest in Sport
Raheem Sterling to Manchester City: Winger to report for Liverpool training on Monday but Reds braced for third City bid this week
Women's World Cup 2015: England secure third place as they beat Germany in extra time with penalty by Fara Williams
Angel Di Maria and Marcos Rojo could miss Manchester United's crucial Champions League play-off due to Copa America run
PornHub begs users to stop uploading video clips of Brazil getting beaten 7-1
Nick Kyrgios fans show their support by smearing Vegemite and Nutella on their faces amid Wimbledon run
- 1 BBC told new political editor must be 'impartial' with Nick Robinson reportedly stepping down
- 2 Number of young homeless people in Britain is 'more than three times the official figures'
- 3 Humans of New York image of crying gay teen receives best response yet from Ellen DeGeneres
- 4 The map showing the most dangerous tourist destinations in Europe, according to the Foreign Office
- 5 Swedish minister gives strongest case yet on why EU should stop turning away asylum seekers
More Britons believe that multiculturalism makes the country worse - not better, says poll
Nathan Collier: Montana man inspired by same-sex marriage ruling requests right to wed two wives
Greece crisis: IMF was pushed around by Angela Merkel and Nicholas Sarkozy – and now it is being humiliated
'I wish the BBC would stop calling it Islamic State' – David Cameron unleashes frustration at broadcaster
Forget little green men – aliens will look like humans, says Cambridge University evolution expert
Girl, 7, stares down hate preacher at Ohio festival with pro-LGBT rainbow flag gesture
£7 - £10 per hour: Recruitment Genius: This care provider is looking for Home ...
£30000 - £35000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: One of the UK's leading web des...
£27000 - £35000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: A growing, successful, friendly...
£16000 - £25000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This family owned, independent ...