Something For The Weekend: 10/12/2011
Saturday 10 December 2011
It's squeaky bum time for...
Red Devils in peril?
Wolves at home: the sort of fixture Manchester United have been able to sneer through for years, but which must now be worrying because of just how bad a bad result would be.
United have had more traumas in the last two months than they usually have in two years: the 6-1, the Champions League exit, the loss of Nemanja Vidic. Suddenly the heart-warming investment in young players, rather than a midfield worthy of the shirt, looks like a bizarre arrangement of priorities, given the financial restrictions. For the first time since 2006, United have a spiral to pull out of, and a win is non-negotiable.
Stories you might have missed
From Brad to worse
Craig Fagan has declared that he wants to lift the gloom at Bradford. The 28-year-old says he has a wide repertoire of goal celebrations to please fans. There are a couple of holes in his grand goal gala though. The Bantams have failed to score in five of their last nine games and Fagan has found the net only nine times since 2007.
Have you been paying attention?
1. How much of Virender Sehwag's record ODI innings of 219 came from boundaries?
2. And whose recently-set record did he overtake in the process?
3. Which was the last season in which Mancester United failed to qualify from the Champions League group stages?
4. Which former World No 1 won for the first time in 749 days?
5. Who won the Varsity match for a third time in four years?
Latest in Sport
Manchester United can learn lessons from the transfer template of rivals Manchester City
Manchester City, Manchester United and Chelsea top the list of the Premier League's most expensive squads
Harry Kane: Tottenham striker confident of rediscovering goal-scoring form after chat with Alan Shearer
Cyprus vs Wales match report: Gareth Bale's bullet header has Welsh on brink of Euro 2016
Anthony Martial: Manchester United's new signing received Patrice Evra's boots as a kid
- 1 More than 11,000 Icelanders offer to house Syrian refugees to help European crisis
- 2 President Obama comments on Humans of New York photo from Iran
- 4 The Chinese city where men have 'three girlfriends because there are so many women'
- 5 German police forced to ask public to stop bringing donations for refugees arriving by train
Senior British politicians tell David Cameron: When dead children are being washed up on beaches – it's time to act
Britain to take more refugees as Cameron bows to pressure after more than 200,000 back our campaign
Jeremy Corbyn calls Osama bin Laden's killing a 'tragedy' - but was it taken out of context?
If these extraordinarily powerful images of a dead Syrian child washed up on a beach don't change Europe's attitude to refugees, what will?
If you're not already angry about the refugee crisis, here's a history lesson to remind you why you really should be
Theresa May says migrants should be banned from entering the UK unless they have jobs lined up
£18000 - £22000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: A Laser and Router Operative is...
£15000 - £20000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: They have been providing local ...
£6000 - £50000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: They are looking for smart, orga...
£8 per hour: Recruitment Genius: The role is likely to be 4on 4 off, days and ...