Something For The Weekend: 10/12/2011
Saturday 10 December 2011
It's squeaky bum time for...
Red Devils in peril?
Wolves at home: the sort of fixture Manchester United have been able to sneer through for years, but which must now be worrying because of just how bad a bad result would be.
United have had more traumas in the last two months than they usually have in two years: the 6-1, the Champions League exit, the loss of Nemanja Vidic. Suddenly the heart-warming investment in young players, rather than a midfield worthy of the shirt, looks like a bizarre arrangement of priorities, given the financial restrictions. For the first time since 2006, United have a spiral to pull out of, and a win is non-negotiable.
Stories you might have missed
From Brad to worse
Craig Fagan has declared that he wants to lift the gloom at Bradford. The 28-year-old says he has a wide repertoire of goal celebrations to please fans. There are a couple of holes in his grand goal gala though. The Bantams have failed to score in five of their last nine games and Fagan has found the net only nine times since 2007.
Have you been paying attention?
1. How much of Virender Sehwag's record ODI innings of 219 came from boundaries?
2. And whose recently-set record did he overtake in the process?
3. Which was the last season in which Mancester United failed to qualify from the Champions League group stages?
4. Which former World No 1 won for the first time in 749 days?
5. Who won the Varsity match for a third time in four years?
Latest in Sport
- 1 Jeremy Clarkson 'does not see a problem' with his racist language on Top Gear, says BBC
- 3 ALS ice bucket challenge co-founder Corey Griffin drowns, aged 27
- 4 A third of employers never check job applicants' qualifications, survey finds
Richard Dawkins on babies with Down Syndrome: 'Abort it and try again – it would be immoral to bring it into the world'
Scottish independence: English people overwhelmingly want Scotland to stay in the UK
Isis threat: Cameron wants an alliance with Iran
Michael Brown shooting: Chaos erupts on the streets of Ferguson after autopsy shows teenager was shot six times – twice in the head
Bin bag full of cats' heads discovered near Manchester's Curry Mile
Disgusting, frustrating, but intriguing: how the country really feels about its politicians
£25000 - £35000 per annum: Harrington Starr: Junior Quant Analyst - C++, Boost...
£25000 - £35000 per annum: Harrington Starr: Service Desk Analyst- (Desktop Su...
£30000 - £50000 per annum: Harrington Starr: Junior Quant Analyst (Machine Lea...
£45000 - £55000 per annum: Harrington Starr: UNIX Application Support Analyst-...