Something For The Weekend: 10/12/2011
Saturday 10 December 2011
It's squeaky bum time for...
Red Devils in peril?
Wolves at home: the sort of fixture Manchester United have been able to sneer through for years, but which must now be worrying because of just how bad a bad result would be.
United have had more traumas in the last two months than they usually have in two years: the 6-1, the Champions League exit, the loss of Nemanja Vidic. Suddenly the heart-warming investment in young players, rather than a midfield worthy of the shirt, looks like a bizarre arrangement of priorities, given the financial restrictions. For the first time since 2006, United have a spiral to pull out of, and a win is non-negotiable.
Stories you might have missed
From Brad to worse
Craig Fagan has declared that he wants to lift the gloom at Bradford. The 28-year-old says he has a wide repertoire of goal celebrations to please fans. There are a couple of holes in his grand goal gala though. The Bantams have failed to score in five of their last nine games and Fagan has found the net only nine times since 2007.
Have you been paying attention?
1. How much of Virender Sehwag's record ODI innings of 219 came from boundaries?
2. And whose recently-set record did he overtake in the process?
3. Which was the last season in which Mancester United failed to qualify from the Champions League group stages?
4. Which former World No 1 won for the first time in 749 days?
5. Who won the Varsity match for a third time in four years?
Latest in Sport
Chelsea in Thailand: Eden Hazard offered 'free hug' as Jose Mourinho meets a familiar face
Heysel disaster 30th anniversary: Liverpool have seen too much tragedy to forget that fateful day in Belgium
Paul Scholes column: With Premier League over for another year, here are my end of season awards
Fifa bomb threat: Swiss authorities confirm a bomb threat has been made at the Fifa Congress
Michel Platini to consider pulling England and other Uefa members out of the World Cup if Sepp Blatter wins Fifa election
- 1 'Cheeky' Nando's under fire for apparently coming onto a customer on Twitter
- 3 Playboy model April Summers speaks out about being a victim of revenge porn
- 4 There is something wrong but very right about this Bible illustration
- 5 iPhone 'effective power' text: how to be safe from iOS bug that lets people crash your phone
EU referendum: David Cameron's rules are a 'democratic disgrace', says French-born Scottish politician set to be denied a vote
British tourists complain that impoverished boat migrants are making holidays 'awkward' in Kos
SNP fury as HS2 finds 'no business case' for taking fast train service to Scotland
A nation of inequality: How the UK is failing to feed its most vulnerable people
Australian man punched in the face for defending Muslim women from abuse on train
David Starkey 'tells Amal Clooney to shut up and stop over-promoting human rights'
£16500 - £18500 per annum: Recruitment Genius: One of the leading Mercedes-Ben...
£27500 - £35000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This is an exciting opportunity...
£19500 - £23500 per annum: Recruitment Genius: Experienced B2B Telemarketer wa...
Negotiable: Recruitment Genius: This global company are looking for two Showro...