Something For The Weekend: 10/12/2011
Saturday 10 December 2011
It's squeaky bum time for...
Red Devils in peril?
Wolves at home: the sort of fixture Manchester United have been able to sneer through for years, but which must now be worrying because of just how bad a bad result would be.
United have had more traumas in the last two months than they usually have in two years: the 6-1, the Champions League exit, the loss of Nemanja Vidic. Suddenly the heart-warming investment in young players, rather than a midfield worthy of the shirt, looks like a bizarre arrangement of priorities, given the financial restrictions. For the first time since 2006, United have a spiral to pull out of, and a win is non-negotiable.
Stories you might have missed
From Brad to worse
Craig Fagan has declared that he wants to lift the gloom at Bradford. The 28-year-old says he has a wide repertoire of goal celebrations to please fans. There are a couple of holes in his grand goal gala though. The Bantams have failed to score in five of their last nine games and Fagan has found the net only nine times since 2007.
Have you been paying attention?
1. How much of Virender Sehwag's record ODI innings of 219 came from boundaries?
2. And whose recently-set record did he overtake in the process?
3. Which was the last season in which Mancester United failed to qualify from the Champions League group stages?
4. Which former World No 1 won for the first time in 749 days?
5. Who won the Varsity match for a third time in four years?
Latest in Sport
Cristiano Ronaldo: Unhappy forward is ready to quit Real Madrid, according to Angel Di Maria
Commonwealth Games 2014: Australia launch Glasgow swimwear - but are criticised for drawing attention to the 'crotch' area
Borussia Dortmund vs Arsenal: Jurgen Klopp concerned with Dortmund injuries and praises signings of Danny Welbeck and Alexis Sanchez
Alexis Sanchez: The many (animated) faces of Arsenal's Chilean forward
Cristiano Ronaldo to Manchester United: Ramon Calderon claims Real Madrid star is 'fed up'
- 1 Scottish independence: Ireland since 1919 is a lesson for Scotland in what a Yes vote means
- 2 British tourists 'murdered' in Thailand: Pair's bloodied bodies found naked on Koh Tao beach
- 3 Lego breaks out of the toy box and heads for the gallery
- 4 Vogue under fire for 'Big Booty' article
- 5 Julian Assange and Edward Snowden join piracy mogul Kim Dotcom’s political campaign in New Zealand
Daniele Watts: Django Unchained actress detained by Los Angeles police after being mistaken for a prostitute
The political class is doing what Hitler couldn’t – destroying Britain
Scottish independence: Nationalist leader Jim Sillars threatens pro-union companies with 'day of reckoning' after independence
Scottish independence: Yes campaign feels the heat as Alex Salmond's NHS claims come under furious attack
£23m Birmingham cycle scheme is attacked by Tory councillor for not catering to the elderly
Salmond accused of laughing off national debt with ‘what are they going to do: invade?’ joke
£400000 Per Annum: The Green Recruitment Company: Job Title: Energy Markets An...
£30000 - £35000 Per Annum Plus excellent benefits: Clearwater People Solutions...
£22000 - £23000 per annum: Randstad Education Bristol: We are currently recrui...
£35000 - £40000 Per Annum: Clearwater People Solutions Ltd: We are currently r...