Something For The Weekend: 26/11/2011
Saturday 26 November 2011
It's squeaky bum time for...
At the end of August, Tony Pulis thought Stoke's only problem this season would be finding ways for Peter Crouch to entertain Abbey Clancy on a Saturday night in the Potteries.
The cap-wearing Welshman's side went five games unbeaten at the start of the campaign, but they are currently balancing that run out with five straight league defeats, placing them three points off the Lancastrian abyss that is the relegation zone. Worse could be to come if they suffer the humiliation of losing to poultry giants Blackburn at "Fortress Britannia" today.
Stories you might have missed
The Only Way Is Up
American Samoa, the 241st ranked side in the world, finally won a game of football after 17 years of action, defeating Tonga 2-1. They once lost 31-0 to Australia's reserves after their team was refused visas to enter the country, forcing them to search Sydney schools for American Samoa's versions of Sonny Pike and, unfortunately, finding them.
Have you been paying attention?
1. Glen became the fourth Johnson to score a Premier League goal this season – name the other three.
2. Who is the only other Englishman other than David Beckham to win a league title in three different countries?
3. Who are the only team to have taken points from Tottenham since August?
4. Against whom and when did Sachin Tendulkar score his 99th international century?
5. When was the previous time either Roger Federer or Rafa Nadal won a set against the other to love?
Latest in Sport
- 1 Kylie Jenner challenge: Bizarre lip suction device inspired by Kardashian sister goes viral
- 2 Rarest Beanie Baby bought for just £10 at car boot sale could be sold for £62,500 on eBay
- 3 Katie Hopkins and The Sun editor are reported to police for incitement to racial hatred following migrant boat column
- 4 Bruce Forsyth backs assisted dying campaign: 'If I had Alzheimer's or dementia I would do something about it'
- 5 Giorgio Armani criticises the way some gay men dress saying 'a man has to be a man'
If I’m being racially abused I don’t need a stranger with a saviour complex to rescue me
The only black face in the Ukip manifesto is on the page about overseas aid
Ukip is the only main political party to not address LGBT rights in its manifesto
Food banks: One million Britons will soon be using them, according to Trussell Trust
Religion isn't growing, it is becoming vigorous in its demise, says philosopher AC Grayling
BBC election debate: The one photo that summed up the whole 90-minute leaders debate
£14000 - £18000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: An Office Administrator is requ...
£12000 - £40000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: Due to expansion and growth of ...
£40000 - £50000 per annum: Ashdown Group: Senior PHP Developer position with a...
Negotiable: Recruitment Genius: An Operations Leader is required to join a lea...