Something For The Weekend: West Ham United; auction for Amauri and the quiz
Saturday 21 January 2012
It's squeaky bum time for...
West Ham United
Sam Allardyce could be in for a long afternoon as his team take to the field against Nottingham Forest today. If his West Ham side overcome the Midlanders at Upton Park, they will climb to the Champion-ship's summit for the first time this season with the leaders Southampton not playing until Monday night, when Leicester visit St Mary's. Allardyce's side stuttered through December, losing to Burnley, Reading and Derby, and will need to be on the ball to take advantage of the Saints' inactivity. Should they hold their nerve, any bubbles being blown at the final whistle will make Big Sam a very happy Hammer indeed.
Stories you might have missed
Auction for Amauri
Entrepreneurship in football has reached a new level. Juventus long tried to sell Amauri and, although he now looks set for Fiorentina, their initial struggle to offload him prompted one fan to try to sell him on eBay. Bidding reached £8m, but was then withdrawn by the site. If that wasn't peculiar enough, buyers were even promised delivery in four working days.
Have you been paying attention?
1. Which former champion recorded her 500th career win at the Australian Open this week?
2. Who was the only England batsman to score more than 50 in the first Test against Pakistan in Dubai?
3. Jose Mourinho's poor record in Clasicos was extended to just one victory in how many matches?
4. Who beat Ronnie O'Sullivan in the Masters at the quarter-final stage?
5. Which famous name was signed by Williams for 2012 F1 season?
1. Serena Williams
2. Matt Prior
4. Judd Trump
5. Bruno Senna, nephew of Ayrton
Latest in Sport
Chelsea vs Tottenham combined XI: Hugo Lloris or Thibaut Courtois? Willian or Christian Eriksen? Who makes the final cut?
Chelsea vs Tottenham: Eden Hazard exclusive interview - All is rosy in the garden of Eden
Arsenal vs Monaco: Theo Walcott 'involved in spat' with fans after Champions League defeat
Carl Frampton vs Chris Avalos; Tyson Fury vs Christian Hammer; Dmitry Chudinov vs Chris Eubank Jr - boxing on TV this weekend
Robbie Savage avoids driving ban - because he would get 'accosted' too much if he had to use public transport
- 1 Forget 'The Dress': Here are five of the biggest news stories you might have missed
- 2 The black and blue dress: Makers considering a white and gold version
- 3 PornHub turns masturbation into energy in bid to save the planet
- 5 Saudi Muslim cleric claims the Earth is 'stationary' and the sun rotates around it
New theory could prove how life began and disprove God
Half of Ukip voters say they are prejudiced against people of other races
This is what it's like to be dead, according to a guy who died for a bit
'Cash for access' scandal: Sir Malcolm Rifkind says 'unrealistic' for MPs to live on £67,000 salary
'Jihadi John': CAGE representative storms off Sky News accusing Kay Burley of Islamophobia
Aqsa Mahmood branded a 'disgrace' by her parents after claims she recruited three UK girls flying to Middle East
£9 per hour: Recruitment Genius: This role is based within a small family run ...
£28000 - £32000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This Design and marketing agenc...
£46000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This property investment firm are lookin...
£18000 - £35000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This company specialises provid...