Burgess follows brother to Sydney
Wednesday 29 December 2010
South Sydney have added a second British Burgess to their squad by signing Sam's younger brother, George, from Bradford on a two-year contract. The 18-year-old prop has yet to make his first-team debut, but played for the England Academy side that beat the Australian Schoolboys twice this month.
"George informed us that he would like the opportunity to play with Sam at South Sydney and we were able to negotiate his release with the Rabbitohs," said Bradford's football manager, Stuart Duffy.
The Bulls have negotiated a right of first refusal if George returns to Britain.
And why are 'southern' ways of speaking spreading north?
life + styleClarissa Baldwin is the brains behind the slogan 'A Dog is for Life not just for Christmas'
Latest in Sport
Liverpool 5 Norwich City 1 match report: Luis Suarez tears Norwich apart once again with four goals and an assist
Cricket Australia apologises for ‘racist’ Monty Panesar Teletubbies tweet
Manchester United must win 'an awful lot of games' if they are to retain the Premier League title, admits David Moyes after Everton defeat
Five things we learned from the midweek Premier League fixtures: Nicklas Bendtner could help Arsenal push for the title; David Moyes mocked by Everton fans; Luis Suarez among the best
Manchester United 0 Everton 1 match report: Roberto Martinez pulls off elusive victory that eluded David Moyes
- 1 Is this the scariest advert ever? Japanese tyre commercial comes with its own disclaimer and health warning
- 2 A forgotten episode in Russian history leaves links with the Philippines
- 3 Scientists sequence oldest human DNA from fossilised leg bone found in Spain
- 4 ‘Put it in my mouth’: Viewers outraged by apparent reference to oral sex in VIP e-cig advert
- 5 Joanna Lumley’s garden bridge over the Thames gets £30m seal of approval from Government