Burgess follows brother to Sydney
Wednesday 29 December 2010
South Sydney have added a second British Burgess to their squad by signing Sam's younger brother, George, from Bradford on a two-year contract. The 18-year-old prop has yet to make his first-team debut, but played for the England Academy side that beat the Australian Schoolboys twice this month.
"George informed us that he would like the opportunity to play with Sam at South Sydney and we were able to negotiate his release with the Rabbitohs," said Bradford's football manager, Stuart Duffy.
The Bulls have negotiated a right of first refusal if George returns to Britain.
Latest in Sport
- 1 Alan Rickman admits editing 'terrible' script with friends in Pizza Hut behind backs of writers on Robin Hood: Prince of Thieves
- 2 18th century sex toy found in 'toilet of sword fighting school' in Poland
- 3 US? China? India? The 10 biggest economies in 2030 will be...
- 4 'I wish my teacher knew...': Young students share their 'heartbreaking' worries in notes
- 5 Rebecca Francis accuses Ricky Gervais of using 'influence' to target female hunters after receiving barrage of death threats
The only black face in the Ukip manifesto is on the page about overseas aid
If I’m being racially abused I don’t need a stranger with a saviour complex to rescue me
Ukip is the only main political party to not address LGBT rights in its manifesto
Food banks: One million Britons will soon be using them, according to Trussell Trust
BBC election debate: The one photo that summed up the whole 90-minute leaders debate
Religion isn't growing, it is becoming vigorous in its demise, says philosopher AC Grayling