Hodgson leaves Huddersfield
Monday 21 November 2011
Huddersfield have released full-back Elliot Hodgson from the final year of his contract by mutual consent.
The 21-year-old has not played for the Giants since making his Super League debut at St Helens in 2009.
Huddersfield managing director Richard Thewlis said: "There are a number of established full-backs now at the club in Scott Grix, Aaron Murphy and Leroy Cudjoe on long-term arrangements, as well as young Elliot Gorman pushing through in the Under-18s.
"So we all felt it best if he sought another opportunity where he can play first-team rugby."
- 1 Michelle Watt's father says TV presenter killed herself because she was in constant pain
- 2 Nathan Collier: Montana man inspired by same-sex marriage ruling requests right to wed two wives
- 3 'Help me I'm trapped in a factory' messages keep being found on bottles of vitamin water
- 4 North Korean defector flees to Finland 'with evidence of chemical testing on humans'
- 5 Greek debt crisis: The photograph that conveys the despair of Greece's elderly
Nathan Collier: Montana man inspired by same-sex marriage ruling requests right to wed two wives
Greece crisis: IMF was pushed around by Angela Merkel and Nicholas Sarkozy – and now it is being humiliated
'I wish the BBC would stop calling it Islamic State' – David Cameron unleashes frustration at broadcaster
Forget little green men – aliens will look like humans, says Cambridge University evolution expert
Greece crisis: The wider lesson is that it’s time to abandon this failed experiment in currencies
Girl, 7, stares down hate preacher at Ohio festival with pro-LGBT rainbow flag gesture