Hodgson leaves Huddersfield
Monday 21 November 2011
Huddersfield have released full-back Elliot Hodgson from the final year of his contract by mutual consent.
The 21-year-old has not played for the Giants since making his Super League debut at St Helens in 2009.
Huddersfield managing director Richard Thewlis said: "There are a number of established full-backs now at the club in Scott Grix, Aaron Murphy and Leroy Cudjoe on long-term arrangements, as well as young Elliot Gorman pushing through in the Under-18s.
"So we all felt it best if he sought another opportunity where he can play first-team rugby."
Latest in Sport
- 1 Katie Hopkins attacked me on Twitter — so I reported her to the police for inciting racial hatred
- 2 Google April Fools': company unveils backwards search engine and huggable digital assistant
- 3 I might be an MP, but that doesn't stop me fighting sexism with my breasts
- 4 April Fools' Day 2015: The best hoax news stories from around the internet
- 5 Gamers confess the worst things they've done in The Sims
Street preacher quoting from the Bible fined for calling homosexuality an 'abomination'
Katie Hopkins attacked me on Twitter — so I reported her to the police for inciting racial hatred
Woman filmed launching racist tirade against men on the Tube for speaking in 'own lingo'
David Cameron calls Labour 'hopeless, sneering socialists' while announcing 7-day NHS plans
Revealed: Putin's army of pro-Kremlin bloggers
Katie Hopkins reported to the police for race hatred by Labour MP Simon Danczuk after tweet about Pakistani men