New head coach Lee Radford told to deliver trophies for Hull FC
Wednesday 25 September 2013
Lee Radford has been appointed as the new head coach of Hull FC. And the owner, Adam Pearson, is confident Radford can turn the club from nearly men into trophy winners.
Radford, 34, has been appointed on a three-year deal to succeed Peter Gentle, who parted company with two years left on his contract after Hull's humiliating 76-18 defeat by Huddersfield in the Super League play-offs.
"I want us to finish consistently in the higher echelons of the league and to be challenging for Grand Finals and Challenge Cups on a regular basis," Pearson said. "I don't see why we can't have that as an objective."
Latest in Sport
WWE Raw results: The power of the Yes! Movement dominates as Daniel Bryan eyes Wrestlemania 30 main event
Transfer news: Toni Kroos admits switch to Manchester United is 'a possibility for me'
Bayern Munich 1 Arsenal 1 player ratings: Who scored highest – Mesut Ozil or Santi Cazorla?
Bayern Munich 1 Arsenal 1 match report: German giants knock Gunners out of Champions League for the second successive season
Ian Wright breaks down in ITV documentary charting his rise to England and Arsenal striker
- 1 Watch: The student election Macklemore parody that isn't completely awful - and all the others that are
- 2 Grace Dent: Who cares if she spells it Barraco Barner? Gemma Worrall is more employable than some bookish arts graduate
- 3 First Kiss: Filmmaker gets 20 strangers to make out on YouTube with awkward results
- 4 Joanna Lumley’s garden bridge over the Thames gets £30m seal of approval from Government
- 5 Ian Wright breaks down in ITV documentary charting his rise to England and Arsenal striker
Britain's top vet sparks controversy with call for ban on slashing animals' throats in 'ritual' slaughters for halal and kosher meat products
Exclusive: Impact of immigrants on British workers ‘negligible’
Katie Hopkins continues campaign to become Britain's most hated talking head with poorly timed Bob Crow tweet
Ukraine crisis: Russia pledges to 'retaliate against sanctions' as Ukrainian president says Crimea vote will not be recognised
The quiet diplomat: Catherine Ashton - recognised and admired in all the world’s troubled countries, yet ridiculed at home
Grace Dent: Who cares if she spells it Barraco Barner? Gemma Worrall is more employable than some bookish arts graduate