Wigan reward young Greg Burke with new deal
Tuesday 30 April 2013
The Wigan forward Greg Burke has signed a new-three-year deal with the Super League leaders. Burke has been one of several Wigan youngsters to make an excellent impression this season and his form has been rewarded with a new contract.
His deal with Shaun Wane's men ran until the end of the year, but he will now remain until 2016 with an option for 2017.
Burke made his debut against Warrington in February and has made 11 appearances this season. "We are delighted Greg has committed his long-term future to the club," Wane said.
Warrington stand-off Lee Briers will make his comeback from injury by playing for part-timers Swinton tomorrow. The 34-year-old former Wales international has not played since hurting his neck in the Wolves' second match of the season at Wigan in February.
Latest in Sport
- 1 Gun instructor accidentally shot dead by nine-year-old girl with Uzi gun
- 2 Miley Cyrus' homeless MTV VMAs date, Jesse Helt, is wanted by the police
- 3 Notting Hill Carnival: Woman shares selfie after being ‘punched in face for telling man to stop groping her’
- 4 Pamela Anderson rejects ice bucket challenge because of ALS experiments on animals: 'Mice had holes drilled into their skulls'
- 5 Homer Simpson has taken the ALS ice bucket challenge because of course he has
Exclusive: We share blame for creating 'jihad generation', says Muslim strategist
Robin Williams Emmys tribute led by Billy Crystal criticised for including 'racist' joke about Muslim woman
The Rotherham child abuse scandal is a tale of apologists, misogyny and double standards
Scottish independence TV debate: Pumped-up Alex Salmond bounces back in bruising second round against Alistair Darling
Do you realise just how foolish the UK looks?
Jeremy Clarkson is a cultural tumour and needs to be removed, says comedian Frankie Boyle