Wigan reward young Greg Burke with new deal
Tuesday 30 April 2013
The Wigan forward Greg Burke has signed a new-three-year deal with the Super League leaders. Burke has been one of several Wigan youngsters to make an excellent impression this season and his form has been rewarded with a new contract.
His deal with Shaun Wane's men ran until the end of the year, but he will now remain until 2016 with an option for 2017.
Burke made his debut against Warrington in February and has made 11 appearances this season. "We are delighted Greg has committed his long-term future to the club," Wane said.
Warrington stand-off Lee Briers will make his comeback from injury by playing for part-timers Swinton tomorrow. The 34-year-old former Wales international has not played since hurting his neck in the Wolves' second match of the season at Wigan in February.
- 1 Michelle Watt's father says TV presenter killed herself because she was in constant pain
- 2 Nathan Collier: Montana man inspired by same-sex marriage ruling requests right to wed two wives
- 3 'Help me I'm trapped in a factory' messages keep being found on bottles of vitamin water
- 4 North Korean defector flees to Finland 'with evidence of chemical testing on humans'
- 5 Greek debt crisis: The photograph that conveys the despair of Greece's elderly
Nathan Collier: Montana man inspired by same-sex marriage ruling requests right to wed two wives
Greece crisis: IMF was pushed around by Angela Merkel and Nicholas Sarkozy – and now it is being humiliated
'I wish the BBC would stop calling it Islamic State' – David Cameron unleashes frustration at broadcaster
Forget little green men – aliens will look like humans, says Cambridge University evolution expert
Greece crisis: The wider lesson is that it’s time to abandon this failed experiment in currencies
Girl, 7, stares down hate preacher at Ohio festival with pro-LGBT rainbow flag gesture