Hockey: Havant suffer double knock-out in cup
Monday 16 November 1998
In the men's cup game, Reading's Jon Wyatt also scored three times as they beat Havant 5-2, but the goal of the day went to Havant's George Cover, beating the England goalkeeper Simon Mason from the narrowest of angles.
Two penalty stroke goals from Scott Smith gave Old Loughonians a useful 2-1 lead and victory away at Brooklands on Saturday, with the Canadian bagging another brace when they visited Guildford in the cup yesterday. They ran out winners 5-2.
The Cup holders Cannock, who only managed a 2-2 draw with Reading on Saturday, yesterday beat Beeston 6-2.
Canterbury, with David Matthews scoring twice and Stuart Humphreys scoring a third beat Hounslow 3-2 to move one point clear at the top of the Premier Division ahead of Southgate.
In the cup, Canterbury beat Cambridge City 8-1, while Southgate accounted for Bournville Birmingham University 3-2 and then, yesterday in the cup, Firebrands with the same scoreline.
Latest in Sport
World Cup 2014 draw: Daunting draw but England have nothing to lose against Uruguay, Italy and Costa Rica
World Cup 2014 draw: Greg Dyke makes 'cut throat' gesture after England are drawn in 'Group of Death'
Ashes 2013-14: Mitchell Johnson is proving England are spent force
Ashes 2013-14: England's batsmen have got 'no bottle' says Geoffrey Boycott
World Cup draw 2014: England drawn with holders Spain in official Group Stage rehearsal
- 1 Hundreds arrested as Canadian police smash worldwide paedophile ring
- 2 Is this the scariest advert ever? Japanese tyre commercial comes with its own disclaimer and health warning
- 3 Sherlock series 3: Benedict Cumberbatch and Martin Freeman provide teasers for the biggest comeback in British television
- 4 A forgotten episode in Russian history leaves links with the Philippines
- 5 People will try to reduce Mandela to a lilting reggae tune about ‘love’. They will fail
£30000 - £45000 per annum + Benefits: Harrington Starr: C# .NET Server Side De...
£50000 - £60000 per annum + Benefits: Harrington Starr: C# ASP.NET Developer (...
£60000 - £65000 per annum + Benefits: Harrington Starr: Senior C# WPF .NET Dev...
Negotiable: Harrington Starr: QA Manual Tester FX Trading Platform/Derivative...