Ayrton Senna: Tribute paid by Corinthians as players wear helmets
It is 20 years to the day since the F1 driver's fateful crash
Corinthians have paid a touching tribute to Ayrton Senna to mark the 20th anniversary of the F1 driver's death.
The Brazilian football team, beloved by the three-time World Champion, donned crash helmets as they lined up before their match against Paulista.
The helmets were the same bright yellow and green worn by Senna.
Today marks 20 years since Senna's fateful crash at the 1994 San Marino Grand Prix.
Read more: The two sides of Senna
Senna's genius captured a generation that never saw him
The Black Weekend remembered
Tributes will also be paid at Imola, the Italian track at which he died, with the circuit being opened up to the public until Sunday.
- 1 I was a Woman Against Feminism too
- 2 Fifty Shades of Grey movie trailer released: First look at Jamie Dornan as Christian Grey
- 3 Is Gideon Levy the most hated man in Israel or just the most heroic?
- 4 Students offered grants if they tweet pro-Israeli propaganda
- 5 The Tory donor whose firm is one of Britain’s biggest tax avoiders - with HMRC's blessing
Malaysia Airlines MH17 crash: Vladimir Putin is given 'one last chance' to end hostilities in Ukraine
The 'scroungers’ fight back: The welfare claimants battling to alter stereotypes
The truth about conspiracy theories is that some require considering
Arizona execution lasts two hours as killer Joseph Wood left 'snorting and gasping' for air
Malaysia Airlines MH17 crash: Ukrainian military jet was flying close to passenger plane before it was shot down, says Russian officer
Malaysia Airlines MH17 crash: Massive rise in sale of British arms to Russia