Jenson Button 'lucky' to race Sergio Perez
Tuesday 30 April 2013
Jenson Button feels it is crucial he and Sergio Perez do not milk the fact that the McLaren team allows its drivers to race one another.
Following their on-track feud in Bahrain 10 days ago and subsequent heated remarks after the race, Button and team-mate Perez were immediately forced to clear the air with team principal Martin Whitmarsh.
But he said: "I think we're very lucky we were allowed to race. There are a lot of teams where team-mates aren't allowed to race.
"But we'd better respect that decision and not take advantage of it, and that's something we all understand now."
- 1 British tourists 'murdered' in Thailand: Pair's bloodied bodies found naked on Koh Tao beach
- 2 Vivienne Westwood says 'Yes' to Scottish Independence by declaring: 'I hate England'
- 3 Welcome to Cameroon, where drinking Baileys can lead to imprisonment
- 4 Lego breaks out of the toy box and heads for the gallery
- 5 Vogue under fire for 'Big Booty' article
Daniele Watts: Django Unchained actress detained by Los Angeles police after being mistaken for a prostitute
The political class is doing what Hitler couldn’t – destroying Britain
Scottish independence: Nationalist leader Jim Sillars threatens pro-union companies with 'day of reckoning' after independence
Scottish independence: Yes campaign feels the heat as Alex Salmond's NHS claims come under furious attack
£23m Birmingham cycle scheme is attacked by Tory councillor for not catering to the elderly
Salmond accused of laughing off national debt with ‘what are they going to do: invade?’ joke