Jenson Button 'lucky' to race Sergio Perez
Tuesday 30 April 2013
Jenson Button feels it is crucial he and Sergio Perez do not milk the fact that the McLaren team allows its drivers to race one another.
Following their on-track feud in Bahrain 10 days ago and subsequent heated remarks after the race, Button and team-mate Perez were immediately forced to clear the air with team principal Martin Whitmarsh.
But he said: "I think we're very lucky we were allowed to race. There are a lot of teams where team-mates aren't allowed to race.
"But we'd better respect that decision and not take advantage of it, and that's something we all understand now."
New UK station Russia Today gives a very bizarre view of Britain
Top Gear presenter is no stranger to foot-in-mouth controversy
New essay by JK Rowling went live on Pottermore site this morning
Charlie Sheen could be set to revive his role as a hedonistic womaniser
Review: Alexandre Aja's film is a Twin Peaks-style mystery
Review: Mike Leigh's biopic is a rambling, rich character study
Manchester City vs Manchester United combined XI: No place for Yaya Toure... or any United defenders
Sami Khedira transfer news: Arsenal can win the Premier League if they sign Khedira in January, says Perry Groves
Paul Scholes: At last! Some credit for Sam Allardyce
EXCLUSIVE: F1 heading for eastern revolution as new team emerges from Romania
Impressive Kurt Zouma may save Chelsea millions by replacing John Terry
- 1 'Nasa Confirms Six Days of Darkness in December': No, they don't - it's a hoax
- 2 Canadian actor punched in face after 'Islamophobia' experiment goes wrong in wake of Ottawa shooting
- 3 Topshop at centre of row over body image as 'shocking' skinny mannequin photo goes viral
- 4 If you think Russell Brand’s new book is confused, you should read what his critics have to say about it
- 5 Kentucky gang rape: 15-year-old boy left in critical condition after sexual attack by group at party
Pope Francis declares evolution and Big Bang theory are real and God is not 'a magician with a magic wand'
Huge surge in Ukip support after EU funding row, according to new poll
Ukip ‘exploiting grooming scandal’ to secure party’s first police chief
Nigel Farage: 'There’s nothing wrong with white people blacking up'
Maureen Lipman says 'she can't vote Labour while Ed Miliband is leader'
Muslims, immigration and teenage pregnancy: British people are ignorant about almost everything