Moto GP: Lorenzo crash lets in Pedrosa
Sunday 11 November 2012
The MotoGP season ended with a Dani Pedrosa win in Valencia after newly crowned world champion Jorge Lorenzo had crashed earlier in the race.
Lorenzo sealed the title in Australia last month and opted to start on slick tyres on a wet track. The Spaniard took the lead early on but dramatically crashed as he was trying to lap British rider James Ellison, weaving several times before being thrown into the air and landing on his head. He escaped without injury, but Pedrosa went on to win, with Katsuyuki Nakasuga second.
British rider Cal Crutchlow was set for a best-ever second-place finish, but he too crashed late on as Casey Stoner finished third in his last ever MotoGP race.
- 1 Michelle Watt's father says TV presenter killed herself because she was in constant pain
- 2 Nathan Collier: Montana man inspired by same-sex marriage ruling requests right to wed two wives
- 3 'Help me I'm trapped in a factory' messages keep being found on bottles of vitamin water
- 4 North Korean defector flees to Finland 'with evidence of chemical testing on humans'
- 5 Greek debt crisis: The photograph that conveys the despair of Greece's elderly
Nathan Collier: Montana man inspired by same-sex marriage ruling requests right to wed two wives
Greece crisis: IMF was pushed around by Angela Merkel and Nicholas Sarkozy – and now it is being humiliated
'I wish the BBC would stop calling it Islamic State' – David Cameron unleashes frustration at broadcaster
Forget little green men – aliens will look like humans, says Cambridge University evolution expert
Greece crisis: The wider lesson is that it’s time to abandon this failed experiment in currencies
Girl, 7, stares down hate preacher at Ohio festival with pro-LGBT rainbow flag gesture