Moto GP: Stoner seals title with Australia win
Monday 17 October 2011
Casey Stoner breathed a sigh of relief yesterday after surviving a drama-filled day to claim his second MotoGP championship with his fifth successive Australian Grand Prix victory.
With nearest rival Jorge Lorenzo ruled out of the race with a severely injured finger following a crash in practice, Stoner was a shoo-in to seal the title but had to survive the odd wobble as driving wind and rain sent riders scattering. "Phillip Island doesn't let you go home without a wet session," Stoner said.
- 1 I was a Woman Against Feminism too
- 2 Fifty Shades of Grey movie trailer released: First look at Jamie Dornan as Christian Grey
- 3 Is Gideon Levy the most hated man in Israel or just the most heroic?
- 4 Students offered grants if they tweet pro-Israeli propaganda
- 5 The Tory donor whose firm is one of Britain’s biggest tax avoiders - with HMRC's blessing
Malaysia Airlines MH17 crash: Vladimir Putin is given 'one last chance' to end hostilities in Ukraine
The 'scroungers’ fight back: The welfare claimants battling to alter stereotypes
The truth about conspiracy theories is that some require considering
Arizona execution lasts two hours as killer Joseph Wood left 'snorting and gasping' for air
Malaysia Airlines MH17 crash: Ukrainian military jet was flying close to passenger plane before it was shot down, says Russian officer
Malaysia Airlines MH17 crash: Massive rise in sale of British arms to Russia