Motorcycling: Hill and Laverty take a win apiece
Monday 13 September 2010
Tommy hill and Michael Laverty took the victories in the 10th round of the MCE Insurance British Superbike Championship at Croft yesterday.
Laverty moved to second in the title race, 16 points behind Hill's leading mark of 570, having pegged back his opponent after Hill won the opening race at the North Yorkshire circuit.
Laverty had set the pace for the opening four laps of race one but Hill eventually found a way past the Relentless Suzuki rider to seal his fourth win of the season.
Hill was unable to repeat the dose in race two, but did manage to wrest second place away from Stuart Easton to limit the damage in a race dominated by Laverty.
Diego Costa injury: Chelsea striker a doubt for Everton match due to muscle injury
Arsenal transfer news: Gunners 'use Champions League draw to discuss move' for PSG teenager Adrien Rabiot
Arsenal transfer news: Arsene Wenger says he will be 'actively involved' on deadline day... but may not buy a striker despite Giroud injury
England manager Roy Hodgson lectures Luke Shaw over fitness issues
Champions League draw: Arsenal, Chelsea, Liverpool and Manchester City learn group stage fate
- 1 Notting Hill Carnival: Woman shares selfie after being ‘punched in face for telling man to stop groping her’
- 2 Keira Knightley topless: Usually conservative actress does own take on #Freethenipple campaign for Interview Magazine
- 3 Daily Show's Jon Stewart destroys Fox News for its Ferguson coverage
- 4 When elitism grips the top of British society to this extent, there is only one answer: abolish private schools
- 5 Brother and sister, Christopher Buckner and Timothy Savoy, arrested for 'committing incest after watching 'The Notebook''
Exclusive: We share blame for creating 'jihad generation', says Muslim strategist
Robin Williams Emmys tribute led by Billy Crystal criticised for including 'racist' joke about Muslim woman
The Rotherham child abuse scandal is a tale of apologists, misogyny and double standards
Scottish independence TV debate: Pumped-up Alex Salmond bounces back in bruising second round against Alistair Darling
Do you realise just how foolish the UK looks?
Ukip Douglas Carswell defection: Tory MP jumps ship to join Nigel Farage