Sebastian Vettel deal to extend contract with Red Bull is ‘perfect timing’
Friday 14 June 2013
Red Bull team principal Christian Horner claims it was “perfect timing” that Sebastian Vettel extended his contract this week.
On Tuesday, the team confirmed Vettel had agreed to a one-year extension through to the end of 2015. Vettel has been a part of the team since 2009, claiming 29 victories, 39 pole positions, and winning three successive titles since 2010.
“It was more of a formality than anything else,” Horner said. “We have a long-term agreement with him. It was perfect timing for both sides to extend for another year.”
- 1 Russell Brand says he will 'probably' give up acting to focus on his revolution
- 2 Watch what happened when food critics were unknowingly served McDonald's
- 3 David Beckham's Haig Club whisky is exactly what’s wrong with the Highlands
- 4 Queen's first tweet: Reply telling Her Majesty to 'f*** off' broadcast on BBC News
- 5 #AskNigelFarage: Twitter starts hilarious Q&A for Ukip leader
Of course, teenage girls need role models – but not like beauty vlogger Zoella
Support for EU membership 'at highest level since 1991' with most Brits wanting to stay 'in'
Tony Blair 'says Ed Miliband will lose 2015 general election'
Thousands with degenerative conditions classified as 'fit to work in future' – despite no possibility of improvement
Putin: The US is to blame for almost all the world's major conflicts
Attacks on 'Ukip Calypso' show how skewed people’s priorities are