Modern pentathlon: Fell wins silver medal
Friday 22 August 2008
Heather Fell has won silver for Great Britain in the Olympic modern pentathlon.
The 25-year-old, who was cheered on by Prime Minister Gordon Brown during the fencing earlier in the day, finished second behind Germany's Lena Schoneborn.
Fell's British team-mate Brit Katy Livingston finished seventh.
More to follow...
A cautionary tale for ambitious would-be authors
X Factor judge will appear in court later this month
MMA: UFC heavyweights Mark Hunt and Antonio 'Bigfoot' Silva in fight for the ages
Roy Keane omits Paul Scholes, Gary Neville and Ryan Giggs from 'greatest' Manchester United team
Roy Keane and Patrick Vieira relive the rivalry - after a shared ice cream in Warsaw
Ashes 2013-14 match report: Alastair Cook future in jeopardy after another woeful display sees England lose to Australia by 218 runs to go down 2-0
Manchester United player ratings: The best (and worst) performers for David Moyes during the season so far
- 1 Dear Sir Jimmy Savile: A comedian's words of valediction to the nation's trusted uncle
- 2 Gurdwaras-turned-food banks: Sikh temples are catering for rise in Britain’s hungry
- 3 Teenage girl convicted of robbery after taking pre-crime selfie wielding knife
- 4 Newly vegan Beyoncé wears fox fur to dine in meat free restaurant
- 5 'I'm experiencing austerity as well', says Princess Michael of Kent