Pinsent warns 2012 athletes
Friday 02 December 2011
Sir Matthew Pinsent warned yesterday of the pressure British athletes will be under during the Olympics.
"A lot of them don't know what it's going to be like," he said. "We've got to be careful it doesn't tip over into ridiculous pressure or expectation."
He warned: "Which bits of the media do you take on board? Who are you giving your phone number to? Are you going to be on Twitter for a week before? All those things need to be handled right."
Look beyond the usual shows for the best festive telly
Geoffrey Macnab does not like the comedian's big screen debut
The battle for control of Stieg Larsson's £30m legacy
Tim Sherwood challenges Daniel Levy to set out vision for Tottenham Hotspur’s future
The worst owner in football? Vincent Tan faces fan backlash as Malky Mackay clings to Cardiff job
Bonuses for goals and top four finish as Luiz Suarez joins Premier League's top three earners
Luis Suarez: Liverpool striker ends exit speculation by signing 'long-term' contract
Transfer news: Tottenham Hotspur - January transfer targets
- 1 Tim Sherwood challenges Daniel Levy to set out vision for Tottenham Hotspur’s future
- 2 French pub fined €9,000 after customers returned empties to bar - because it's 'undeclared labour'
- 3 Sun will 'flip upside down' within weeks, says Nasa
- 4 #Teamnigella: It’s the only side to be on
- 5 Christmas comes early: Justin Bieber is 'retiring from music'