Protest over Olympic equestrian venue
Tuesday 05 July 2011
Protesters gathered at Greenwich Park at a dry run for Olympic equestrian sports yesterday. They object to parts of the Royal Park being closed to the public for the 2012 Games, and say it will harm the ecology. Forty of the world's top riders took part in the dressage at the temporary arena.
sportLiverpool 5 Norwich City 1: Uruguayan striker has now scored 11 league goals against the club
techA piece of new hi-tech kit aims to get us scribbling again
Arsenal 2 Hull City 0 match report: Nicklas Bendtner back in the goals as superb Arsenal march on at the top
Liverpool 5 Norwich City 1 match report: Sublime Luis Suarez tears Norwich apart once again
World Cup 2014 draw: England may suffer as Fifa moves goalposts
David Moyes admits Manchester United face tough task to retain their title
Manchester United 0 Everton 1 match report: David Moyes misery as Roberto Martinez pulls off the elusive victory
- 1 The hardwired difference between male and female brains could explain why men are 'better at map reading'
- 2 Is this the scariest advert ever? Japanese tyre commercial comes with its own disclaimer and health warning
- 3 A forgotten episode in Russian history leaves links with the Philippines
- 4 Syrian rebels consider joining forces with regime troops to fight al-Qa’ida
- 5 ‘Put it in my mouth’: Viewers outraged by apparent reference to oral sex in VIP e-cig advert