PREVIEW OF WOMEN'S WORLD DOUBLES CUP
TENNIS: SPORTING DIGEST
Wednesday 01 March 1995
Gary Henderson, the world No 241, is the only newcomer to the Laing LTA team for 1995. John Laing are providing £35,000 towards travel and coaching costs in their 11th year of sponsorship.
Boris Becker withdrew from the men's indoor tournament yesterday without hitting a ball because of knee injuries. The world No 3, who was expected to start his first round today against Karol Kucera, travelled to Rotterdam where the tournament doctor confirmed he was unfit to play. The tournament director, Wim Buitendijk, said Becker was suffering from knee strain in both legs, adding that he understood Becker would take a couple of weeks off from the circuit.
Simon Calder looks at communities fighting back against the poachers
Latest in Sport
Comment: David Moyes paying the price of Manchester United's virtual abstinence from top-level transfers since 2006. Can he refire their ambition?
Arsenal 1 Everton 1 match report: Gerard Deulofeu provides late sucker punch following Mesut Ozil opener
Transfer news: Manchester United will not be forced into panic buys, says David Moyes
Gerard Deulofeu - Why Barcelona chose Everton to educate their latest prodigy
Ashes 2013-14 match report: Another woeful display sees England lose to Australia by 218 runs to go down 2-0
- 1 Gurdwaras-turned-food banks: Sikh temples are catering for rise in Britain’s hungry
- 2 Council bans use of word ‘Commie’ – but ‘fascist’ and ‘Nazi’ are fine
- 3 The man who made Femen: New film outs Victor Svyatski as the mastermind behind the protest group and its breast-baring stunts
- 4 The poorest pay the price for austerity: Workers face biggest fall in living standards since Victorian era
- 5 Mass murder in the Middle East is funded by our friends the Saudis
£22000 - £26000 Per Annum: The Green Recruitment Company: The Green Recruitmen...
£40000 - £50000 per annum + Bonus and Benefits: Harrington Starr: Technical Ap...
Negotiable: Harrington Starr: GUI Developer (GUI,C#,.NET,VB6)City of LondonCom...
£30000 - £45000 per annum + Bonus+Benefits+Package: Harrington Starr: VB.NET a...