Leinster to face stade francais in Amlin final
Sunday 28 April 2013
Leinster head coach Joe Schmidt felt his side delivered one of their best displays of the year as they booked their place in the Amlin Challenge Cup final with a 44-16 romp over defending champions Biarritz.
Schmidt's men ran out comfortable five-try winners at a sold-out RDS, where the province will host Stade Français in the final on 17 May.
"It was definitely up there," said Schmidt of the performance.
"If we are allowed to play we really enjoy playing, I think that was demonstrated."
Two tries from Jamie Heaslip plus further scores from Jonathan Sexton, Isa Nacewa and Brian O'Driscoll set up the win before Arnaud Héguy's consolation try for Biarritz.
- 1 Michelle Watt's father says TV presenter killed herself because she was in constant pain
- 2 Nathan Collier: Montana man inspired by same-sex marriage ruling requests right to wed two wives
- 3 'Help me I'm trapped in a factory' messages keep being found on bottles of vitamin water
- 4 North Korean defector flees to Finland 'with evidence of chemical testing on humans'
- 5 Greek debt crisis: The photograph that conveys the despair of Greece's elderly
Nathan Collier: Montana man inspired by same-sex marriage ruling requests right to wed two wives
Greece crisis: IMF was pushed around by Angela Merkel and Nicholas Sarkozy – and now it is being humiliated
'I wish the BBC would stop calling it Islamic State' – David Cameron unleashes frustration at broadcaster
Forget little green men – aliens will look like humans, says Cambridge University evolution expert
Greece crisis: The wider lesson is that it’s time to abandon this failed experiment in currencies
Girl, 7, stares down hate preacher at Ohio festival with pro-LGBT rainbow flag gesture