Magners League round-up: Benvenuti try leaves Scarlets blushing
Sunday 05 September 2010
Benetton Treviso announced their arrival in the Magners League with a stunning 34-28 win over the Scarlets at Stadio Comunale di Monigo.
The Scarlets led 22-9 at the interval, but the home side stormed back to register a historic win. Wing Tommaso Benvenuti scored the winning try four minutes from the end while scrum-half Tobias Botes played a starring role.
Scarlets, who wrongly chose to rest Stephen Jones, Sean Lamont and their new captain Matthew Rees, at least saw debutant George North, 18, touch down twice.
Scotland fly-half Dan Parks made an impressive debut for the Cardiff Blues as he led them to a 34-23 win over Edinburgh. Bradley Davies, Tom James, Rhys Thomas and Casey Laulala scored tries for the Blues while Parks enjoyed a 100 per cent record with 14 points. Tim Visser scored two tries for Edinburgh.
Connacht scored four tries in their 40-17 victory against Newport-Gwent Dragons, while Munster defeated Aironi Rugby 33-17.
- 1 End of the licence fee: BBC to back radical overhaul of how it is funded
- 2 This restaurant has misunderstood the concept of 'cheese and biscuits'
- 3 Raif Badawi, the Saudi Arabian blogger sentenced to 1,000 lashes, may now face death penalty
- 4 Delhi bus rapist blames dead victim for attack because 'girls are responsible for rape'
- 5 PornHub turns masturbation into energy in bid to save the planet
New theory could prove how life began and disprove God
This is what it's like to be dead, according to a guy who died for a bit
End of the licence fee: BBC to back radical overhaul of how it is funded
'Jihadi John': CAGE representative storms off Sky News accusing Kay Burley of Islamophobia
Ukip would cut billions from Scottish budget to fund English tax cuts
Nearly 100,000 of Britain's poorest children go hungry after parents' benefits are cut