Chris Henry will stick to his ball-stealing strengths in his attempt to offset the loss of the "world-class" Sean O'Brien from Ireland's Six Nations campaign.
The Ulster flanker admitted that any team would miss Leinster's wrecking-ball loose-forward O'Brien, who may not play again this season after shoulder surgery.
Henry slotted into Ireland's back-row alongside Jamie Heaslip and Peter O'Mahony for Sunday's 28-6 win over Scotland, and is expected to start against Wales this weekend.
The 29-year-old said he would not try to mimic O'Brien's rampaging style, favouring his natural breakdown abilities instead, especially against two of the game's finest turnover hunters in Sam Warburton and Dan Lydiate.
"There's always going to be a lot of talk about Sean not being there, he's one of the best in the world," said Henry. "The only way I can approach it is to say, 'Yes he's an unbelievable player, but I have to think maybe I can add something a little bit different, maybe there are certain aspects of the game I can bring that he can't'.
"Rugby's horrible in that way, when people get injured is when you get your opportunity," he added. "So for me, I certainly tried to give everything out there last week. Hopefully, that can be enough to stay in the side."Reuse content