Latest new start for Gavin Henson
Tuesday 10 July 2012
Premiership newcomers London Welsh have confirmed the signing of Wales centre Gavin Henson.
Henson, 30, has been without a club since April after being sacked by Cardiff Blues over his drunken behaviour on a flight returning from a game in Glasgow.
Henson worked with the Exiles' coach, Lyn Jones, during his time at the Ospreys and has been given the latest in a series of chances to get his career back on track. Jones said: "Gavin has a great talent but over the past three or four seasons he has not realised his full potential for a number of reasons that are well-documented. I sincerely hope and believe he can now draw a line under that period and move forward again with London Welsh."
"What's important for Gavin is that he concentrates 100 per cent on his game and learning how to become the best he can possibly be again. I think he can add a great deal to our game and we can also do a lot for him."
- 1 BBC told new political editor must be 'impartial' with Nick Robinson reportedly stepping down
- 2 Number of young homeless people in Britain is 'more than three times the official figures'
- 3 Humans of New York image of crying gay teen receives best response yet from Ellen DeGeneres
- 4 The map showing the most dangerous tourist destinations in Europe, according to the Foreign Office
- 5 Swedish minister gives strongest case yet on why EU should stop turning away asylum seekers
More Britons believe that multiculturalism makes the country worse - not better, says poll
Nathan Collier: Montana man inspired by same-sex marriage ruling requests right to wed two wives
Greece crisis: IMF was pushed around by Angela Merkel and Nicholas Sarkozy – and now it is being humiliated
Forget little green men – aliens will look like humans, says Cambridge University evolution expert
Girl, 7, stares down hate preacher at Ohio festival with pro-LGBT rainbow flag gesture
Osborne to cap family benefits at £23,000 – announced ahead of his post-election Budget