Sports stars in embarrassing commercials
Tuesday 22 March 2011
If England's rugby team weren't embarrassed enough by their implosion in Dublin, they hit a new low today after an advert for Nike was leaked on the internet.
The video, produced by their official kit supplier, shows several players, among them Toby Flood, Chris Ashton and Ben Foden, in a series of action clips.
Signing off the advert that has been widely circulated on the internet this morning is an image of England's red rose emblem on top of a caption reading 'Grand Slam Champions 2011'.
The England rugby team aren't the first sports stars to have appeared in a commercial met with ridicule. Here, we take a look at some of the most embarrassing adverts.
Diego Costa injury: Chelsea striker a doubt for Everton match due to muscle injury
Arsenal transfer news: Arsene Wenger says he will be 'actively involved' on deadline day... but may not buy a striker despite Giroud injury
Angel Di Maria: Manchester United winger to wear iconic No 7 shirt
England manager Roy Hodgson lectures Luke Shaw over fitness issues
Champions League draw: Arsenal, Chelsea, Liverpool and Manchester City learn group stage fate
- 1 Students heading off to 'charity challenge' grounded at Gatwick after travel firm goes bust
- 2 Notting Hill Carnival: Woman shares selfie after being ‘punched in face for telling man to stop groping her’
- 3 Daily Show's Jon Stewart destroys Fox News for its Ferguson coverage
- 4 When elitism grips the top of British society to this extent, there is only one answer: abolish private schools
- 5 Like Jennifer Aniston, I am no less of a woman because I am childless
Exclusive: We share blame for creating 'jihad generation', says Muslim strategist
Robin Williams Emmys tribute led by Billy Crystal criticised for including 'racist' joke about Muslim woman
The Rotherham child abuse scandal is a tale of apologists, misogyny and double standards
Scottish independence TV debate: Pumped-up Alex Salmond bounces back in bruising second round against Alistair Darling
Do you realise just how foolish the UK looks?
Ukip Douglas Carswell defection: Tory MP jumps ship to join Nigel Farage