Sports Listings / This Weekend: Powerboats: London-Calais-London race: Tower Bridge
Friday 17 July 1992
Where to watch: Start and finish: Pool of London, London Bridge and Tower Bridge. Course: River Thames and estuary, Ramsgate (refuelling stop). First leg (tomorrow): 9.15am, restarting from Ramsgate at 1pm. Second leg (Sunday): 3pm (one hour ahead of BST) from Calais. First powerboat is expected at about 3pm. Scrutineering takes place today at Port East, Hertsmere Road, Isle of Dogs from noon to 5.30pm and is open to the public.
Latest in Sport
Phil Hughes dead: List of players who have tragically died on the cricket pitch
Nani transfer: No future for winger at Sporting Lisbon as club cannot afford his wages when loan deal with Manchester United runs out
This letter from a reader explains why women can’t play football
Phillip Hughes death: UK company Masuri say Australian opener was wearing 'outdated helmet'
Tottenham Hotspur vs Partizan Belgrade match report: Spurs go through in Europa League - but pitch invaders grab the attention
- 1 Exodus Gods and Kings casting controversy: Ridley Scott would never cast 'Mohammad so-and-so from such-and-such' in lead role
- 2 This letter from a reader explains why women can’t play football
- 3 'You should come to my house and eat cheeses with me': 4-year-old sends adorable love letter to girl at school
- 4 Scientists predict green energy revolution after incredible new graphene discoveries
- 5 Michael Buerk wishes he killed Jimmy Savile when he had the chance - by pushing him overboard a cruise ship
Ukip says babies born to immigrants in the UK should be classed as migrants – which would include Nigel Farage’s own children
Obama: The only people with the right to object to immigration are Native Americans
The young are the new poor: Sharp increase in number of under-25s living in poverty, while over-65s are better off than ever
Tamir Rice: 12-year-old boy playing with fake gun dies after being shot by Ohio police
Ukip mocked after mistaking Westminster Cathedral – for a mosque
Sarah Vine criticises lesbian mother Jack Monroe: 'If she was unsure about her sexuality, she should have taken greater precautions'
£33000 - £36000 per annum + Car+Laptop+Phone: Langley James : Field Support En...
Negotiable: Recruitment Genius: One of the UK's most progressive and innovativ...
£19000 - £24000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: Due to our clients continuing s...
£15000 - £16800 per annum: Recruitment Genius: A Tyre Technician / Mechanic is...