Hungary hosts Fed Cup ties
Thursday 26 September 2013
Judy Murray will take Great Britain to Budapest in February to begin their latest attempt to climb the Fed Cup ladder.
The Hungarian capital has been selected to host the Europe/Africa Zone Group I that gives countries a chance to qualify for the World Group II play-offs in April.
A total of 17 teams will contest the event including the likes of Belgium, Croatia, Holland and a British squad which is set to feature Heather Watson, Laura Robson, Johanna Konta and Elena Baltacha.
The British team made it through the same stage last year but then fell 3-1 to Argentina on their return to the World Group.
And why are 'southern' ways of speaking spreading north?
- 1 Is this the scariest advert ever? Japanese tyre commercial comes with its own disclaimer and health warning
- 2 A forgotten episode in Russian history leaves links with the Philippines
- 3 Scientists sequence oldest human DNA from fossilised leg bone found in Spain
- 4 Cannabis can cause man boobs, US surgeon claims
- 5 Joanna Lumley’s garden bridge over the Thames gets £30m seal of approval from Government