Murray sets up Federer clash
Thursday 01 January 2009
Andy Murray has set up a meeting with Roger Federer in the semi-finals of the World Tennis Championship tomorrow, an exhibition event in Abu Dhabi.
The 21-year-old Scot beat American James Blake 6-2 6-2 in his first-round tie at the invitational tournament also featuring Rafael Nadal, Andy Roddick and Nikolay Davydenko.
Murray lost to Federer in the final of last year's US Open but got the better of the Swiss in their last two competitive meetings - at the Masters Series event in Madrid and the Masters Cup in Shanghai.
Geoffrey Macnab reviews American Hustle, also starring Christian Bale and Bradley Cooper
Dennis Rodman will coach the North Korea basketball team
Arsenal can surprise Bayern Munich in the Champions League, says former midfielder Gilberto Silva
Liverpool - January transfer targets
Transfer news: Liverpool - January transfer targets
Transfer news: Manchester United - January transfer targets
Transfer news: Arsenal - Transfer targets for January
- 1 America's 'virgin births'? One in 200 mothers 'became pregnant without having sex'
- 2 Sun will 'flip upside down' within weeks, says Nasa
- 3 Christmas comes early: Justin Bieber is 'retiring from music'
- 4 Iain Duncan Smith leaves Commons food banks debate early
- 5 Children evacuated from swimming pool after prosthetic leg mistaken for paedophile