Robson switches coaches
Tuesday 28 December 2010
Laura Robson is to be coached by Patrick Mouratoglou, a Frenchman who runs his own highly successful academy on the outskirts of Paris. Robson aged 16, has been training regularly there for the past year and recently parted company with Martijn Bok, the Dutch coach who guided her to the Wimbledon junior title two years ago and to the Australian Open junior finals in 2009 and 2010.
Mouratoglou, aged 40, founded his academy 15 years ago. It has produced a number of leading players, with Mouratoglou himself coaching Marcos Baghdatis, who reached the Australian Open final in 2006, and Anastasia Pavlyuchenkova and Aravane Rezai, currently ranked the No 21 and No 19 women in the world respectively.
The Melbourne-born Robson, the world No 217, will play more senior tournaments this year. Her first outing of 2011 will be the Hopman Cup, a mixed team event in Perth where she will again partner Andy Murray.
Simon Calder looks at communities fighting back against the poachers
Arsenal 1 Everton 1: Substitute equalises with six minutes to go
Sam Wallace: David Moyes is paying the price of United’s virtual abstinence from top-level transfers since 2006. Can he refire their ambition?
Arsenal 1 Everton 1 match report: Gerard Deulofeu provides late sucker punch after Mesut Ozil's opener
I will not be forced into panic buys at Manchester United, says David Moyes
Gerard Deulofeu - Why Barcelona chose Everton to educate their latest prodigy
Ashes 2013-14 match report: Another woeful display sees England lose to Australia by 218 runs to go down 2-0
- 1 Turning up the voice of America
- 2 The poorest pay the price for austerity: Workers face biggest fall in living standards since Victorian era
- 3 The man who made Femen: New film outs Victor Svyatski as the mastermind behind the protest group and its breast-baring stunts
- 4 An obsessive’s documenting of Israeli war crimes in Lebanon can show us how the West lost respect for international law
- 5 Mass murder in the Middle East is funded by our friends the Saudis