Yachting: Goss and Dinelli stand out among big boats
When Goss pushed his 50-footer BMW Performance into the teeth of an oncoming gale at the start in Le Havre on Saturday his main target was to be among the top monohulls at the end of the 4,500-mile run to Cartagena, Colombia, knowing that most of the opposition were 60-footers.
Yesterday he was disputing third place with Yves Parlier and Eric Tabarly in Aquitaine Innovations as these two took the more westerly option after a rough rounding of Ushant. Leading the monohulls are Jean Maurel in Saupiquet and Marc Thiercelin in Somewhere.
The multihull leader, by a long way, was Loick Peyron in Fujicolour, chased by Francis Joyon in Banque Populaire and Paul Vatine in Chauss d'Europe.
Latest in Sport
Chelsea victory parade mocked on Twitter as 'tens of fans' pack the streets of London
Preston fan who appeared to snatch Jermaine Beckford's shirt from eight-year-old boy identified and says: 'the truth will come out'
Danny Ings to Tottenham: Spurs rival Liverpool for £6m Burnley striker
FA ban Aston Villa flag for the FA Cup final because it contains a reference to Arsenal
Manchester United season player ratings: Grading Louis van Gaal's entire squad
- 1 I was raped by another man. And now the Government wants to take away the one thing that saved my life
- 2 Preston fan who appeared to snatch Jermaine Beckford's shirt from eight-year-old boy identified and says: 'the truth will come out'
- 3 Priest warns pupils the 'Charlie Charlie Challenge' is 'demonic activity'
- 4 Iran launches anti-Isis cartoon competition 'to expose true nature of Islamic State'
- 5 Puerto Rico, island of lost dreams: People are leaving the debt-hit territory in droves as near neighbour Cuba's star rises
As a white man, I'm surprised more women aren't tweeting the hashtag #KillAllWhiteMen
EU referendum: David Cameron's rules are a 'democratic disgrace', says French-born Scottish politician set to be denied a vote
The day that Britain resigned as a global power
SNP fury as HS2 finds 'no business case' for taking fast train service to Scotland
A nation of inequality: How the UK is failing to feed its most vulnerable people
Australian man punched in the face for defending Muslim women from abuse on train
£30 - 40k + Benefits: Guru Careers: A Software / Web Developer (PHP / MYSQL) i...
£18 - 20k + Benefits: Guru Careers: An Account Executive is needed to join one...
£35 - 40k + Benefits: Guru Careers: A Software Developer / Software Engineer i...
Voluntary and unpaid, reasonable expenses are reimbursable: Reach Volunteering...