If there's one thing students enjoy more than a few quiet pints, it's flexing their intellectual muscles at the same time.
The sound of sharpening pencils could be heard in 19 university cities up and down the country on Tuesday night as hundreds of teams pitted their wits against each other in the qualifying rounds of the third student iQuiz. At stake, a place in the prestigious final, where the winners will scoop the top prize of a two-week tour of Europe, courtesy of Top Deck Travel.
Students have been swotting up for weeks, gorging themselves on news and information in past issues of the paper, to take on the intellectual might of i's resident quizmaster, Simon O'Hagan, in our very own version of University Challenge (but more fun and with a much less cantankerous quizmaster).
But why take our word for it? You can sample Simon's questions here – and see how you would fare against the nation's hope for the future.
For a gallery of the action, click here
- Manchester: Turquoise
- Teesside: You're a Quizard, Harry
- Leeds: Ya Say The Whole Thing
- Birmingham: Quiz it to me baby
- Bournemouth: Quizadillas
- Kings College London: Uke Rebels
- Exeter: The League of Exeterordinary Gentlemen
- Warwick: Quiz Teama Aguilera
- UEA: Nobody expects the Spanish in-quiz-ition
- Oxford: Cherwell A
- Newcastle: It's Doug's birthday
- Cardiff: Team Nathan
- Glasgow: Team Hosenbugler
- Sussex: Smartie Pints
- Southampton: Hips Don't Lie
- Hull: Lads night out
- Westminster: The Rugby Men
- Liverpool: Live and Let 'i'
- Kent: Pinball Quizzard
- More about:
- Game Shows
- Jeremy Paxman
- Kent County
- Newcastle Upon Tyne