Oxford are iQuiz winners
Wednesday 12 February 2014
Oxford University were crowned winners of last night’s iQuiz after a nail-biting final at the Herbert Art Gallery & Museum in Coventry.
Rowan Borchers, 19, Nick Hilton, 21, Max Long, 19, and Anna Leszkiewicz, 21, of the ‘Cherwell A’ team, answered questions on history, music, Europe, people, and current affairs, all dreamt up by the i quizmaster, Simon O’Hagan. In second and third place were teams from Kent and Southampton universities. The winners won a 14-day trip around Europe with Top Deck Travel.
Read more: Full match report of the iQuiz final
See more pictures of the evening
Dresden riots: Protesters in Germany attack refugee buses shouting 'foreigners out'
France train shooting: US soldiers speak of the moment they stopped gunman and 'beat him until he was unconscious'
Labour leadership: Jeremy Corbyn accused of 'deluding' young supporters with 'claptrap'
'Women only' train carriages: Jeremy Corbyn unveils radical move to tackle public harassment
Black holes are a passage to another universe, says Stephen Hawking
Iain Duncan Smith calls for urgent ESA overhaul as part of drive to cut down welfare costs
- 1 Hair loss explained: How and why men go bald
- 2 Game of Thrones season 6: Jon Snow theorists believe the Stark may have a twin sister
- 3 Artist takes LSD, draws herself over different stages of the 9-hour trip to show its effects
- 4 A pint of water every day is the key to losing weight, scientists say
- 5 Russia 'accidentally reveals' number of its soldiers killed in eastern Ukraine
£16000 - £18000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: Are you a Marketing Graduate or...
£25000 per annum + benefits: Ashdown Group: A large financial services company...
£20000 - £100000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: We are a successful and establ...
£20 - 35k (DOE): Guru Careers: A Software Developer / Software Engineer is nee...