Monday 29 September 2008
The premise for this film hinges around a billionaire that suffers due to a failed anaesthetic, leaving him fully conscious during open-heart surgery and awake to the unfolding of a devious plot to steal his money. Sound improbable?
Wait until you see Hayden “Darth Vader” Christensen trying to act the part of a top businessman while looking about 14… Most of the action takes place on the operating table and in the mind of the naive-but-loaded idiot Clayton Beresford Jnr (Christensen), meaning the irritatingly named rich kid is not the only one forced to endure a painful experience.
Not a bad idea for the director’s first attempt, but the execution suffers from an overly cheesy script and ham acting in places, meaning it has no real heart in the first place. DVD extras feature a commentary from writer and director Joby Harold, bloopers and deleted scenes.
- Director: Joby Harold Cast: Hayden Christensen, Jessica Alba, Terence Howard
- Certificate: 15
- Genre: Psychological thriller
- Out Now
Liam Neeson's Downton dreams
Thriller is set in the secret world of British espionage
Daniele Watts: Django Unchained actress detained by Los Angeles police after being mistaken for a prostitute
Scottish independence referendum: A nation divided against itself
Scottish independence: David Cameron is becoming the 'George Bush of Britain'
Russia freezes Ukraine into submission: Kiev admits country doesn't have enough fuel for winter
Scottish independence: The Queen breaks silence on referendum debate – as think tank warns of £14bn black hole if Scotland votes Yes
Portuguese academic says British are 'filthy, violent and drunk'
- 1 Scottish independence live: Scotland gives a clear 'No' in historic referendum - as it happened
- 2 Scottish referendum results: David Cameron set to unveil major devolution of powers to England
- 3 iOS 8 is full of shiny new features - but it's terrible news for app developers
- 4 Scottish independence: Tory revolt against 'devo max' grows as Rail Minister Claire Perry joins
- 5 Hitler’s former food taster reveals the horrors of the Wolf’s Lair
£7 - £8 per hour: Randstad Education Cheshire: The Job:School Science Technici...
£100 - £120 per day: Randstad Education Chelmsford: English & Media Teacher - ...
£24000 - £30000 per annum + benefits: Ashdown Group: Graduate BI Consultant (B...
£105 - £125 per day + D.O.E - Competitive Rates: Randstad Education Maidstone:...