My big brother invited me to the zoo this week so I'd have something to put in my column for The Independent. That, and also to help him look after his children. I've got two nieces and a nephew or two nephews and a niece, and I've read enough newspaper articles and Roald Dahl books over the years to know that these people need to be protected when they are near things like hippos and toucans. The last thing I want to do is make up some excuse about having to wallpaper my toilet and then later learn that my niece was pecked by a flamingo because I wasn't there.
Like this page on Facebook for updates
Sunday 11 June 1995
Sunday 16 April 1995
`The crowd seemed purged of the usual run of England followers: the flotsam with their bad hair, big bellies and small minds'
Saturday 01 April 1995
Tuesday 28 March 1995
Sunday 26 March 1995
Thursday 09 March 1995
Monday 06 March 1995
Sunday 19 February 1995
Thursday 26 January 1995
Monday 16 January 1995
Tuesday 20 September 1994
- 1 Nelson Mandela memorial sign language interpreter was a 'fake'
- 2 It’s shameful that our universities have accepted gender segregation under pressure from the most oppressive religious fanatics
- 3 Sir Ian McKellen hits back at Damian Lewis' 'fruity actor' claims
- 4 Kenyan politician Mike Sonko left red-faced after photoshopping himself next to Nelson Mandela
- 5 Selfie at funeral: Cameron squeezes in on Obama snap at Mandela memorial