'Barbra Streisand is always a joy to watch'
Like this page on Facebook for updates
Saturday 23 May 2009
Tuesday 19 May 2009
Porn star Marilyn Chambers, who was found dead at the age of 56 at her Los Angeles-area home in April, died of complications of heart disease, coroner's officials said yesterday.
Friday 15 May 2009
Friday 01 May 2009
Tuesday 18 November 2008
Saturday 18 October 2008
Thursday 07 August 2008
Allen Toussaint talks of his sporadic, unbought solo work and the royalties from the hits he's created for others with equal affection.
Sunday 20 July 2008
Bobby Digital is the alter-ego of RZA of the Wu-Tang Clan. This guise has acted as a repository for his more idiosyncratic, left-field ideas, with often stunning results.
Wednesday 09 July 2008
The Chichester Festival Theatre has a winning way with Broadway musicals. This season, it's busy reclaiming shows that are seldom staged because they're so strongly associated with their original stars. In the Minerva Studio, Angus Jackson and Samantha Spiro have established that you don't need Barbra Streisand to score a hit with Funny Girl. And now, in Rachel Kavanaugh's ridiculously enjoyable revival, she and Brian Conley prove that Robert Preston is not indispensable to the success of The Music Man, Meredith Willson's funny, folksy celebration of small-town life in pre-First World War Iowa.
Sunday 11 May 2008
You know time has caught up with you when you are mentally preparing your review of Scroobius Pip when your editor tells you that, instead, you have been earmarked for the new Neil Diamond.
Monday 31 March 2008
- 1 Nelson Mandela memorial: ‘Bogus’ sign language interpreter made mockery of Barack Obama’s tribute in Soweto
- 2 Mystery of Epping Forest 'big cat' is solved
- 3 French café starts charging extra to rude customers
- 4 Australia incest case: Severely deformed children found in remote farming community after generations of inbreeding
- 5 Physicists discover 'clearest evidence yet' that the Universe is a hologram