BP suffered an annual loss of $5.2bn last year compared to the $8.1bn profit the oil major made in 2014, forcing the firm to slash thousands of jobs
Shell said it will push ahead with plans to acquire its smaller rival BG for $52 billion
Redundancies will be made by the end of 2017 and come on top of the 4,000 job cuts announced last year
Sainsbury's offers £1.3bn for Argos; Alphabet is now the most valuable company on Earth; BP profit falls 91%
Parliamentary Business: Sir Nicholas Macpherson should be blocked from appointment at any bank, given the reforms that he helped to oversee
We gave small parts of our bodies yesterday in the service of an awakening conscience: that we must no longer afford BP the right to tattoo our cultural institutions with corporate marks, and to use art and culture to cleanse its crimes from the public consciousness
European officials accused of having vested interests and ignoring renewable energy
BP in $20bn settlement over oil spill; Trans-Pacific Partnership trade treaty signed off; Microsoft is planning a raft of announcements today
The Department of Justice approved the deal on Monday and said it was an 'historic settlement'
Beleaguered car manufacturer has admitted to falsifying car emission tests
A panel of the 5th US Circuit Court of Appeals has affirmed a federal judge's approval of a multi-billion dollar settlement between BP Plc and businesses and individuals who lost money and property in the 2010 Gulf of Mexico oil spill.
The ‘low hanging fruit’ of government assets considered worthwhile privatisation candidates were sold long ago
Second phase of trial opens with claims of negligence and lack of preparation
Protesters against fracking in one of Britain's national parks were joined yesterday by residents from a village that could become the second flashpoint over the controversial energy strategy. The demonstration against fracking in Balcombe, West Sussex, was joined by residents from Fernhurst, another village in the South Downs National Park.
The two-week protest against potential fracking in Balcombe took a dramatic twist today as it emerged that the local parish council had lodged "no objection" to the planning application, without consulting the West Sussex village - a decision the council chair said she was now "gutted" about.