The immigration chief in Calais has said the UK has created "a magnet for illegal immigrants."
Like this page on Facebook for updates
Sunday 20 September 2009
Saturday 19 September 2009
Britain rejected calls yesterday to take in some of the hundreds of immigrants living in a camp in Calais. French police are expected to move within days to close the camp, known as "The Jungle", where around 1,500 mainly Afghans live.
Friday 18 September 2009
Monday 06 July 2009
Britain today promised £15 million to tighten border controls in French ports where hundreds of would-be migrants gather in the hope of smuggling themselves into the UK.
Saturday 27 June 2009
Wednesday 24 June 2009
Monday 22 June 2009
The all-woman crew of Dee Caffari, Samantha Davies, Miranda Merron and Alex Sizer yesterday knocked over 17 hours off the record for sailing non-stop round the British Isles, setting a new time of six days 11hrs 30min 53sec in the Caffari’s Open 60, Aviva.
Thursday 23 April 2009
The French Immigration Minister Eric Besson pledged today to remove a camp where illegal migrants gather near the port of Calais to try crossing to Britain, a move local residents and businesses will welcome.
Saturday 28 March 2009
Saturday 21 March 2009
- 1 Tim Sherwood challenges Daniel Levy to set out vision for Tottenham Hotspur’s future
- 2 French pub fined €9,000 after customers returned empties to bar - because it's 'undeclared labour'
- 3 Sun will 'flip upside down' within weeks, says Nasa
- 4 #Teamnigella: It’s the only side to be on
- 5 Christmas comes early: Justin Bieber is 'retiring from music'