Approximately 67,701 mortgages worth £10.5 billion were approved for house purchase in October
Like this page on Facebook for updates
Wednesday 14 April 2010
The head of US banking giant JP Morgan harboured hopes of a "strong recovery" today after the group posted a 54% profits hike for the first three months of 2010.
Sunday 04 April 2010
British expats struggling to cope with the dive in the value of the pound has led to a substantial increase in the number asking for help with their debts.
Saturday 20 March 2010
I have often written about claims management companies in this column as I believe their activities to be largely reprehensible. They prey on hard-up people by telling them that they can write off their debts and be free of financial worries. But often they simple take a fee from a desperate person and do nothing to help them, leaving then in an even worse position.
Thursday 18 March 2010
Tuesday 16 March 2010
Saturday 13 March 2010
The net seems to be closing on claims management companies as the authorities are finally getting tough with them. Claims management companies are the firms which advertise widely on daytime television and in down-market newspapers with promises that people can write off their debts or claim compensation from credit card companies and banks through some legal loophole. The Ministry of Justice recently announced an investigation into the work of one of the most vocal claims managers, Cartel Client Review.
Friday 12 March 2010
Monday 08 March 2010
Friday 05 March 2010
Saturday 27 February 2010
Monday 22 February 2010
Store instalment credit jumped sharply during December as consumers bought things on the never-never to beat the impending VAT hike, figures showed today.
- 1 The hardwired difference between male and female brains could explain why men are 'better at map reading'
- 2 Is this the scariest advert ever? Japanese tyre commercial comes with its own disclaimer and health warning
- 3 UK chef creates world's most expensive ready meal - a fish pie costing £314
- 4 Food poverty in UK has reached level of 'public health emergency', warn experts
- 5 I’m sure Kate Moss doesn't care about posing for Playboy. But I do