Outlook Sorry to deflate your balloon, Mr Osborne, but I fear much of the excitement about UK shale gas will prove to be so much fracking hot air.
Like this page on Facebook for updates
Monday 28 April 2008
Ronnie O'Sullivan today fired a brilliant 147 maximum break to book his place in the quarter-finals of the 888.com World Championship in Sheffield.
Tuesday 01 April 2008
In a world where musicians rush to lay bare the secrets of their songs on blogs, and continually mine the same historical sources – the Sixties, the Eighties – for inspiration, the Scottish folk singer Alasdair Roberts is an anomaly. His appropriation of antique songs calls to mind the prospecting of Daniel Day-Lewis's oilman in There Will Be Blood: he performs the subterranean, hardscrabble toil of research, then plunges his drill down deep, coming back with black gold.
Sunday 24 February 2008
Sunday 03 February 2008
Friday 01 February 2008
Thursday 27 October 2005
Monday 19 April 2004
Wednesday 19 March 2003
Sunday 19 December 1999
Sunday 11 July 1999
Monday 19 April 1999
- 1 Cameron's freebie to apartheid South Africa
- 2 Is this the scariest advert ever? Japanese tyre commercial comes with its own disclaimer and health warning
- 3 A forgotten episode in Russian history leaves links with the Philippines
- 4 Australian ultra-nationalist politician Stephanie Banister in car crash immigration TV interview
- 5 People will try to reduce Mandela to a lilting reggae tune about ‘love’. They will fail