An Englishman crosses the Atlantic in search of the Beat generation heroes of his youth on a circuitous and magical tour
Like this page on Facebook for updates
Friday 19 July 2013
Their bodies were recovered from separate lakes following a major search
Tuesday 16 July 2013
The promise of London 2012 wasn’t just to ‘inspire a generation’. It was also about 'regeneration' – through a combination of infrastructure, housing and sporting facilities. Emily Dugan catches up with the afterlife of the main Olympic venues
Friday 12 July 2013
The first man to be charged in the police inquiry prompted by claims into disgraced TV presenter Jimmy Savile has denied a string of sex offences.
Wednesday 10 July 2013
Victim tried to stop thieves and was run over after clinging to outside of cab
Sunday 07 July 2013
The first cyclist to be killed riding a 'Boris Bike' was a 20-year-old French student, it was reported today.
Friday 05 July 2013
Is this the new Neneh Cherry? Gilles Peterson snapped up her soulful pop song “'Bout You” which she had posted online for his compilation CD.
Sunday 30 June 2013
Two English Defence League (EDL) leaders arrested as they attempted to visit the spot where Drummer Lee Rigby was murdered have been released on bail.
Saturday 29 June 2013
Pair detained for obstructing police
Abu Nusaybah, friend of Woolwich suspect Michael Adebolajo who appeared on Newsnight, has trial date set
Friday 28 June 2013
In an interview to the BBC he claimed Adebolajo was offered a job by MI5
Friday 28 June 2013
Changes to 'double jeopardy' law meant 56-year-old Baker could face trial for same offence after walking free from court the first time due to legal mix-up
Tuesday 25 June 2013
Changes to ‘double jeopardy’ law permitted a second trial
- 1 Nelson Mandela memorial: ‘Bogus’ interpreter made mockery of Barack Obama’s tribute
- 2 It’s shameful that our universities have accepted gender segregation under pressure from the most oppressive religious fanatics
- 3 Kenyan politician Mike Sonko left red-faced after photoshopping himself next to Nelson Mandela
- 4 Exeter to Edinburgh and back in a day: How one fresher's lost bet left him facing a 900-mile round trip
- 5 Selfie at funeral: Cameron squeezes in on Obama snap at Mandela memorial