Carmen Zapata was an Emmy-nominated actress who started a foundation to promote Hispanic writers because jobs were so scarce. "She was an inspiration for me," said Luis Vela of the Bilingual Foundation of the Arts in Los Angeles. Her film credits included Sister Act.
Like this page on Facebook for updates
Thursday 15 May 2008
Detectives investigating the disappearance of a missing award-winning TV make-up artist were today probing the discovery of a body in woodland.
Tuesday 01 April 2008
Wednesday 27 February 2008
Allan Melvin made his name worldwide in a true classic of television's so-called golden age, The Phil Silvers Show, playing Corporal Steve Henshaw, the devoted right-hand man to the scheming Master Sergeant Ernie Bilko.
Tuesday 22 January 2008
Suzanne Pleshette, actress: born New York 31 January 1937; married 1964 Troy Donahue (marriage dissolved 1964), 1968 Tom Gallagher (died 2000), 2001 Tom Poston (died 2007); died Los Angeles 19 January 2008
Sunday 18 February 2007
Friday 15 July 2005
Friday 11 February 2005
Friday 13 August 2004
Tuesday 23 September 2003
Tuesday 19 August 2003
Saturday 05 April 2003
Saturday 10 August 2002
Friday 19 July 2002
Sunday 07 July 2002
Wednesday 24 November 1999
Rochester by-election: Ukip gains second MP as Tory defector Mark Reckless holds seat
'Beast of Bolsover' Dennis Skinner takes Ukip MP Mark Reckless to task moments after he is sworn in
Rochester by-election: Labour MP Emily Thornberry resigns after posting white van and England flags tweet
France 'blocks' Russian sailors from boarding a warship
The young are the new poor: Sharp increase in number of under-25s living in poverty, while over-65s are better off than ever
Exclusive: UK approved £7m Israeli arms sales in six months before Gaza conflict
- 1 Lego letter from the 1970s still offers a powerful message to parents 40 years later
- 2 To help fuel their propaganda machine against the poor, our government has now decided to redefine the word 'welfare'
- 3 Green Party Caroline Lucas interview: 'We could be on the edge of something very big'
- 4 Woman opens professional cuddling shop – gets 10,000 customers in first week
- 5 Grayson Perry: London needs affordable housing because 'rich people don't create culture'