48-year-old Lewis, who was the last man to hold all four belts at heavyweight, has said he would be prepared to fight the younger of the Klitschko brothers but only for the biggest purse in boxing history
Like this page on Facebook for updates
Thursday 13 March 2008
Ricky Hatton will return to the ring at the home of his beloved Manchester City on 24 May when he defends his International Boxing Organisation light-welterweight title against Mexico's Juan Lazcano. It will be the first fight for Hatton since his defeat in Las Vegas last December at the fists of Floyd Mayweather and it will be his first fight in Manchester for three years.
Thursday 24 January 2008
The fight was made six weeks ago but it was made official yesterday at a hamburger restaurant in London when Frank Warren confirmed that Joe Calzaghe will meet Bernard Hopkins for The Ring magazine's light-heavyweight belt in Las Vegas on 19 April.
Monday 10 December 2007
Boxer Joe Calzaghe was tonight crowned BBC Sports Personality of the Year.
Saturday 01 December 2007
Ricky Hatton, Britain's greatest-ever boxer in the eyes of many who know about these things, might be even more of a national hero if his fights were on one of the terrestrial stations, but they'd find it difficult to match the commitment shown by Sky. There, sport doesn't have to compete with endless hours of Quiz Play or prime-time repeats of One Foot in the Grave.
Saturday 22 October 2005
Tuesday 28 June 2005
Sunday 18 April 1999
Sunday 16 February 1997
Friday 02 August 1996
Monday 29 July 1996
Monday 22 July 1996
- 1 Nelson Mandela memorial: ‘Bogus’ interpreter made mockery of Barack Obama’s tribute
- 2 It’s shameful that our universities have accepted gender segregation under pressure from the most oppressive religious fanatics
- 3 Kenyan politician Mike Sonko left red-faced after photoshopping himself next to Nelson Mandela
- 4 Exeter to Edinburgh and back in a day: How one fresher's lost bet left him facing a 900-mile round trip
- 5 Selfie at funeral: Cameron squeezes in on Obama snap at Mandela memorial