TV pick of the week: Freddie Mercury - The Great Pretender: An Imagine Special
Like this page on Facebook for updates
Sunday 20 June 1999
Saturday 24 April 1999
Monday 29 June 1998
Sunday 16 March 1997
Saturday 31 August 1996
I Stole Freddie Mercury's Birthday Cake by Malcolm Hardee with John Fleming, 4th Estate pounds 8.99.
Sunday 25 August 1996
Wednesday 21 August 1996
Saturday 17 August 1996
Saturday 28 October 1995
Monday 25 September 1995
Wednesday 15 March 1995
Monday 17 October 1994
ARTS / Lives of the Great Songs: A case of rock and roll-on: Smells Like Teen Spirit: Not many anthems are named after a deodorant. In the third extract from our history of the hits, David Cavanagh looks at Nirvana's theme tune
Sunday 25 September 1994
Wednesday 08 June 1994
- 1 Tottenham to smash pay scale with £150,000-a-week contract in attempt to tie Gareth Bale to club
- 2 Austerity has hardened the nation's heart
- 3 Gay couple beaten in park urge MPs to moderate language on gay marriage
- 4 Be more professional! GCHQ staff rapped as WikiLeaks founder Julian Assange reveals messages that he says point to 'fit up'
- 5 Top A&E doctors warn: 'We cannot guarantee safe care for patients anymore'
BMF is the UK’s biggest and best loved outdoor fitness classes
Find out what The Independent's resident travel expert has to say about one of the most beautiful small cities in the world
Win anything from gadgets to five-star holidays on our competitions and offers page.