Group splits up as animals flee, with four taking the odd decision to just stand still in the path of the snow
Like this page on Facebook for updates
Tuesday 03 February 2009
Monday 02 February 2009
Sunday 02 November 2008
Thursday 14 August 2008
Thursday 31 July 2008
Many politicians talk from time to time of the need to make sacrifices but few mean it quite so literally as Kishor Samrite.
Saturday 26 July 2008
Cold soups in the summer are often overlooked but they make a refreshing dinner party starter. In the following recipes I have tried to combine the flavours, textures and colours of summer so that you can suitably impress your dinner guests without too much fuss.
Monday 07 July 2008
It is three years since I met Teklu and he is still waiting. We had stopped the car by the edge of a precipitous plateau in the Ethiopian highlands to take in the view. Teklu, aged nine, appeared from nowhere, with a herd of goats in his wake. He told us his story; how his ambition was to go to school but there was not one nearby that his parents could afford so he spent every day looking after the animals.
Sunday 18 May 2008
Tuesday 29 April 2008
The dream of producing spider silk in industrial quantities has come a step closer to reality after scientists managed to mimic the way silk protein is spun naturally into fibres that are potentially stronger than steel.
Friday 21 March 2008
Prehistoric cave sculptures never seen by the public will be revealed today thanks to the most advanced, computerised techniques of laser-copying and visual display.
Sunday 09 March 2008
- 1 Nelson Mandela memorial: ‘Bogus’ sign language interpreter made mockery of Barack Obama’s tribute in Soweto
- 2 French café starts charging extra to rude customers
- 3 Australia: Gay marriage law reversed by high court less than a week after first weddings
- 4 Not all right on the night
- 5 Australia incest case: Severely deformed children found in remote farming community after generations of inbreeding