Like this page on Facebook for updates
Friday 05 December 2008
Senegalese R&B star Akon may be currently the world's most successful African performer, his own eight million album sales augmented by hit collaborations with the likes of Gwen Stefani and Leona Lewis.
Monday 10 November 2008
Thursday 28 August 2008
Stand by for fireworks between Jack Straw's Ministry of Justice and members of Britain's "exotic" artistic community.
Thursday 17 July 2008
"I really did come here last time I was meant to play," says Santogold, by way of explanation for the rescheduling of this date from a little over a month ago. "I just couldn't talk!"
Monday 07 July 2008
Wednesday 27 February 2008
Like Max Factor, Shu Uemura was a make-up artist who learnt his craft in Hollywood and turned his talent into a global brand. His big break came in 1962 when he was asked to stand in for an established make-up artist who had fallen ill while working with Shirley MacLaine on the film My Geisha. It was Uemura's task to transform MacLaine from a bubbly redhead into a Japanese beauty. The end result was incredible, applauded by both star and staff on set.
Sunday 24 February 2008
Tuesday 08 January 2008
Monday 12 September 2005
Friday 19 November 2004
Saturday 06 November 1999
Friday 28 February 1997
More Britons believe that multiculturalism makes the country worse - not better, says poll
Nathan Collier: Montana man inspired by same-sex marriage ruling requests right to wed two wives
Greece crisis: IMF was pushed around by Angela Merkel and Nicholas Sarkozy – and now it is being humiliated
Forget little green men – aliens will look like humans, says Cambridge University evolution expert
Girl, 7, stares down hate preacher at Ohio festival with pro-LGBT rainbow flag gesture
Osborne to cap family benefits at £23,000 – announced ahead of his post-election Budget
- 1 BBC told new political editor must be 'impartial' with Nick Robinson reportedly stepping down
- 2 Number of young homeless people in Britain is 'more than three times the official figures'
- 3 Humans of New York image of crying gay teen receives best response yet from Ellen DeGeneres
- 4 The map showing the most dangerous tourist destinations in Europe, according to the Foreign Office
- 5 Swedish minister gives strongest case yet on why EU should stop turning away asylum seekers