The country was the breakaway Republic of Biafra, which seceded from Nigeria in 1967, in response to the continuing persecution of the Igbo people.
Like this page on Facebook for updates
Monday 02 May 2005
Tuesday 29 March 2005
Thursday 01 July 2004
Government spending is rising at the fastest rate since Harold Wilson was Labour prime minister almost 30 years ago, figures showed yesterday.
Thursday 27 May 2004
John Prescott raised fresh doubts about Tony Blair's premiership yesterday when he compared the Prime Minister to Harold Wilson in the days before he stood down from No 10.
Sunday 21 December 2003
Tuesday 25 November 2003
Tuesday 08 July 2003
Monday 07 April 2003
Friday 10 January 2003
Friday 20 September 2002
Wednesday 05 June 2002
Sunday 14 May 2000
Monday 27 December 1999
Tuesday 14 December 1999
Sunday 12 December 1999
Durham Free School: 'Creationism taught at' free school facing closure
Nearly 100,000 of Britain's poorest children go hungry after parents' benefits are cut
Ukip would cut billions from Scottish budget to fund English tax cuts
End of the licence fee: BBC to back radical overhaul of how it is funded
Ukraine crisis: Top Chinese diplomat backs Putin and says West should 'abandon zero-sum mentality'
Boris Nemtsov shot dead: Outspoken Putin critic who had expressed fears for his life is killed near the Kremlin
- 1 What happens to your body when you give up sugar?
- 2 Drugs Live cannabis trial: Hash is less harmful than any other drug, expert claims
- 3 Have sex with your iPad thanks to the new sex toy no-one asked for
- 4 African jawbone discovery pushes birth of humanity back by 400,000 years
- 5 The 'sex selfie stick' lets you FaceTime the inside of a vagina