The country was the breakaway Republic of Biafra, which seceded from Nigeria in 1967, in response to the continuing persecution of the Igbo people.
Like this page on Facebook for updates
Monday 02 May 2005
Tuesday 29 March 2005
Thursday 01 July 2004
Government spending is rising at the fastest rate since Harold Wilson was Labour prime minister almost 30 years ago, figures showed yesterday.
Thursday 27 May 2004
John Prescott raised fresh doubts about Tony Blair's premiership yesterday when he compared the Prime Minister to Harold Wilson in the days before he stood down from No 10.
Sunday 21 December 2003
Tuesday 25 November 2003
Tuesday 08 July 2003
Monday 07 April 2003
Friday 10 January 2003
Friday 20 September 2002
Wednesday 05 June 2002
Sunday 14 May 2000
Monday 27 December 1999
Tuesday 14 December 1999
Sunday 12 December 1999
Britain to take more refugees as Cameron bows to pressure after more than 250,000 back our campaign
Senior British politicians tell David Cameron: When dead children are being washed up on beaches – it's time to act
Jeremy Corbyn calls Osama bin Laden's killing a 'tragedy' - but was it taken out of context?
If these extraordinarily powerful images of a dead Syrian child washed up on a beach don't change Europe's attitude to refugees, what will?
If you're not already angry about the refugee crisis, here's a history lesson to remind you why you really should be
Refugees welcome: More than 250,000 sign Independent petition calling for Britain to 'take its fair share'
- 1 What marriage would look like if we actually followed the Bible
- 2 President Obama leaves touching comment on Humans of New York photo from Iran
- 3 If these extraordinarily powerful images of a dead Syrian child washed up on a beach don't change Europe's attitude to refugees, what will?
- 4 The Chinese city where men have 'three girlfriends because there are so many women'
- 5 'Heartbreaking' Syria orphan photo wasn't taken in Syria and not of orphan